“Shaky Start - Happy Ending” 4 of 5 stars

You added Abode Manchester to your Saves list
Abode Manchester
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   107 Piccadilly, Manchester M1 2DB, England   |
Ranked #31 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
“Shaky Start - Happy Ending”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

One night stay booked in a comfortable room, but offered an upgrade on arrival for a small fee, which we took. I would have hated to see our original room as the desirable upgraded room 104 was very small, bathroom floor untidy, overall oppressive feeling to the room anything but desirable!
Thank you to Natalie on reception who was very helpful and showed great customer service and changing our room.
This made our evening. Lovely large, bright, clean room, great service in bar area, fab cocktails happy hour £4.95 5 - 7pm.
Would highly recommend the cooked breakfast, I had scramble eggs and smoked salmon, my husband the full English, both beautifully presented an very tasty.
Well done Abode,

Room Tip: be aware comfortable and desirable rooms can be small, We stayed on the first floor and had no issue...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean M, General Manager at Abode Manchester, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing the property. Your feedback is appreciated and I am pleased your intial concerns were addressed in order for you to have an enjoyable experience.
Sean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

When we checked in we had our room upgraded so this hotel instantly got off to a good start with us! The room was large with basic amenities as you would expect. The decor was a little rough around the edges in places but was clean and tidy. We were on the 2nd floor overlooking the street outside and it wasn't too noisy. We have eaten in the restaurant before which was exceptional, so we ate elsewhere this time. Parking is available nearby in Piccadilly place and the hotel give you a 15% discount on parking (£12 for 24 hours). The hotel allows a generous 12noon checkout time which we found very useful. Breakfast was very good but we were disappointed that you had to choose either continental or cooked, if you wanted a bit of both, you had to pay an extra £5. This seemed a little petty as they charge £12 for continental or cooked and the pub next door does a full breakfast for £4. The hotel location is great for shopping in the Arndale, night out in the Northern Quater or for the nearby restaurants. We would stay there again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Loughborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights. On the first night there was a Rihanna concert, so by the time I arrived there was only the ominous room 101 left. This room over looks Manchester Picadilly, complete with secondary glazing and extensive windows, not the best of rooms if you are looking for a quiet night. To give the hotel their due, on the second night they upgraded me to the 'Fabulous Fifth' which was altogether a different experience. Not sure what the price gap is, but fantastic suite at the top of the hotel, very, very nice, so thanks for listening and giving me the upgrade.

Room Tip: Get a room that is not overlooking the main road.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide details of your recent two night stay with ourselves. I thank you for your feedback and I am delighted the team were engaging in order to turn your experience around.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is probably the fourth time I've stayed here with work and its ideal if the company budget has a 3 figure ceiling. The location is ideal next to the station, the blend of Victorian features and modern facilities in the rooms is superb and the choice of on site restaurants makes this a great hotel. Very friendly staff on the front desk and a lovely facade make it a place you feel happy to come back to after a hard day at work or a night on the town.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the ABode. It is pleasing to read that you regulary frequent the property and that our service delivery remains consistently high each and every time.
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great stay at the Abode hotel. Great location, service was perfect and the room was lovely. It was great value for money and I would highly recommend. Considering it is a Michael Caines hotel/restaurant I was disappointed in the menu and we ending up going else where.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I do a lot of travelling for work and I must say this is one of the most friendly and accommodating hotels I've stayed in. All the staff were great, but I must make a particular mention of Maria on reception who did everything she could ensure that my stay met my needs. Thanks Maria. The food in the fine dining Restaurant was exceptionally good and I've already promised my partner a weekend away at the Abode so I can treat him to a sumptuous meal. I stayed in the Winston Suite on the 5th floor... it was huge. Massive TV - a perfect size for a huge room, well stocked mini bar and snacks. Lovely bathroom with a big double shower cubicle.. Monsoon as well as ordinary shower head and a wonderful bath. But the bed was the best. I can honestly say it was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I shall definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,
I am delighted your recent experience was so enjoyable and that you will be returning to stay with ourselves again in the future. Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on Sunday 19 May and were lucky enough to get the Johnny Cash suite on the fabulous fifth floor.

The room certainly livid up to its billing! It was very spacious, light and airy and luxuriously appointed. Great thought had gone into the design and layout of the room with a great combination contemporary and antique decor. The premium tv and DVD was particularly appreciated. The room was also generously stocked with complimentary drinks and tuck shop style snacks.

The reception staff were polite and helpful and we would also like to thank the hotel manager for his very kind assistance.

We will certainly return to this wonderful hotel once the football season restarts...Roll on August!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing the ABode. I am delighted your experience was an enjoyable one.
Sean

Been to Abode Manchester? Share your experiences!