“Fantastic unforgettable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abode Manchester

Save Saved
You added Abode Manchester to your Saves list
Abode Manchester
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   107 Piccadilly, Manchester M1 2DB, England (Manchester City Centre)   |
Ranked #26 of 117 hotels in Manchester
“Fantastic unforgettable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my boyfriends birthday. We did the step 2 package. The room was amazing with robes/ a Nintendo wii/ DVD player and a super king bed.
We dined in Michael Caines which was much nicer than many Michelin star restaurants we have been to. The staff were all fantastic and the location couldn't be better.
Will recommend to anyone!

• Stayed January 2013
Sean M, General Manager at Abode Manchester, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for such a glowing reference following your recent stay with ourselves here at the ABode.
The entire team will be most appreciative of your feedback and I am personally delighted we contributed to your special evening.

best regards
Sean

565 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We booked the hotel because of its location and encouraging references and couldn't agree more. As for location it is just at there very heart of Manchester but we never had the feeling that it was noisy. Building, entrance and rooms are very nice and you see that they paid attention to small details that make the stay even more pleasant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Building is Impressive. The hotel is inside a Grade II listed Victorian cotton merchant's wholesale warehouse. The original features have been retained, the staircases are very impressive. There are a range of rooms, ranging from standard to Luxury. The standard rooms are functional but nothing special. There always seems to be some humming noise or dripping/banging noise from the pipes which is slightly annoying when you're trying to sleep.

The bathroom has no shelves or anywhere to put your wash bag or toiletries. So you either had to leave these on the floor or leave them on the bed and walk in and out to get things.

Staff are efficient and informative.

The hotel is in a great location, just across the road from Manchester Piccadilly station and an easy 10 minutes walk from all the shops.

Like most hotels in the centre of Manchester, there is no car park. There is an NCP round the corner in Chatham Street which is £18 per day.

There is an adjoining Michael Caines Restaurant which has good quality food and also a bar & Griill and a late night lounge bar.

Breakfast. Good selection of continental with a choice of cooked food to order as opposed to helping yourself from a buffet. I had the eggs Benedict which was the best i have ever had. Really well presented and very tasty!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I took my boyfriend here for his 20th birthday as a surprise! Before my stay I emailed about any extras they do for surprises and they emailed back saying they could organise a £50 bottle champagne for the room or they could request a complimentary upgrade for me but I wouldn't be told until I checked in! When I checked in I mentioned this and they were happy to upgrade us- for free!! They didn't just upgrade us to one room above but 2, the 'enviable suite' which was amazing! The room had a wii and blueray player! With lovely seating areas, a massive bed and a comfortable bathroom! As well as a complimentary Tray of snacks and drinks! The room looked lovely and was very comfortable! We phoned down and booked in to Michael Caines restaurant which was very nice! A little expensive! But worth it to say you've been there!! If the lamb is on the menu when you go- HAVE IT! Some of the best lamb I've ever tasted!
Overall, a really lovely stay and clean, comfortable, looks good and the staff were all very friendly and happy to assist with anything! I would definitely stay again! Thank you again to Danielle (I think her name was) for being so helpful and upgrading us!!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for writing such a positive review of the hotel. I am delighted you and your boyfriend had a wonderful experience and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future. (Danielle is delighted too!!)
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed alone as a birthday present to myself, and I was very impressed. The staff were welcoming and friendly, the hotel itself looked fabulous, and I absolutely loved my room - tastefully decorated, restful and with prompt room service. Loved the tuck box and the delicious smelling toiletries, too. I also had cocktails and a two course meal in the Cafe Bar and Grill, which I really enjoyed...was only sorry I couldn't eat it all. I would definitely recommend it - I didn't want to leave and would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,
Happy Birthday!! - I am thrilled you decided to treat yourself by staying with us at the ABode. It is fantastic to read we contributed to such a wonderful occasion.

best regards
Sean
Mississauga, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was surprised by how close this hotel was to the train station.

My room was very clean and surprisingly large for being the UK. Bathroom had a towel warmer. Thats different. Lots of restaurants nearby and a mall just down the road.

Had breakfast at the hotel. It was about 20 pounds. Little pricey but worth it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Runcorn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and I was very disappointed with the bar grill. I received a warm and friendly welcome and found the room bright, clean and Spacious. Dinner was a disaster, I ordered soup which was quite delicious however I am sorry I did not stop at the soup.

I was eating with a customer and we both ordered burgers which arrived and looked appetising however when we sliced the burgers in half they were raw, the buns actually turned red with the blood. A very friendly and apologetic waitress took our burgers away and advised that we would have a 12 minute wait, which was not a problem. The second burgers delivered had not improved, I showed the waitress my burger which was oozing blood when squeezed. This time she took them away and returned with them now very over cooked, the chef has simply took the sliced burgers and cooked them again placed the two halls into a new bun. I should have sent the meal back but was embarrassed because I was eating with my customer who had not had a starter and was by now very hungry.

Breakfast was good but a little expensive.

The hotel is a very nice hotel but I will think twice about booking again as the food was not up to standard.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Abode Manchester? Share your experiences!