“Brilliant Bruschetta” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night, Private Dining
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Bruschetta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We needed a late snack lunch after our hill walk, and even though we had to wait a while for service, the bruschetta we ordered were simply divine!

Visited October 2013

Southampton
“A little bit of beautiful luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This place is honestly something very special. I have been here in every season and it feels just as special every time. In the colder months you can sit by the roaring fire in the big worn leather arm chairs and feel totally at home with a book or the paper. In the warmer months it feels light and airy and you can sit outside in the lovely garden area if you so wish.

This isn't your average place where they just want your money and you feel like your being rushed to get out so they can have your table a soon as you've had your last mouthful. Regardless of how much or little I have ordered I have never felt rushed here and always been made to feel welcome. The staff are all lovely, I have often been served by George who has been lovely and polite. It is also likely that you will be graced with some authentic Italian cheekiness/charm by the main guy there, Marco-he always seems to have a mischievous twinkle in his eye but he is so warm and friendly to everyone who enters.

The attention to detail is commendable. Seriously, you wait until you are given your hot drink and/or beautiful plate of food and you'll see what I mean. For all this praise you are probably waiting for me to tell you it will cost you a fortune but really it won't, it is all very reasonably priced.I'd probably go a far as to say a bargain when you take into account the whole experience.

The food itself is delicious, beautifully presented, fresh and just all round lovely. I understand from the staff that the cakes and biscuits (also soup in winter) are homemade locally with love from a lady who seems to have gift because I'm sure she puts something magical into all of the sweet treats because honestly, they're the best I've ever tasted-and I am not alone I'm thinking that!I would really really recommend the chocolate brownies, carrot cake and warwickshire biscuits. My boyfriend loved the celery leek and potato soup too.

Anyway, I have been meaning to write this review for some time now because it's a little gem in a beautiful part of the world that anyone would be very sorry to miss out on. You can see why people return time and time again and when you are sat in there enjoying your escape from reality for a little while you can't help but hear all the other people doing the same talking to each other about how much of a wonderful place this is. I promise you, we're not wrong.

Enjoy!x

Visited September 2013
ne,england
“Best Antipasti and Aperol Spritzer this side of Lake Garda...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Just had 5 lovely nights in Chipping Campden and this little place helped make it such a special trip...Lovely setting whether you're inside or out (outside heaters helped us try and hold on to the Autumn evenings).We ate Antipasti on a couple of evenings and they were just how Antipasti should taste and also you could tell care and attention was taken putting such lovely plates together!! One night they even asked us to taste a few plates they were thinking of putting on the menu and on the evenings we didn't eat there we would pop in for a few Aperol Spritzers which hit the spot.And not forgetting the excellent friendly staff who really do help make this a great place.As mentioned from other reviewers the coffee alone is worth popping in for as this was the best coffee I had in the Cotswolds.Finally this place may not look child friendly but we had our little baby boy with us and they couldn't do enough for him and he loved their high chair...

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous day nibbles and alfresco Italian in the Cotswolds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were looking for somewhere with outdoor space to celebrate the September sunshine and found a gem with Huxleys. Amazing wine list, Italian antipasti and a gorgeous aroma of Italian breads...Huxleys hit the mark. A lovely wine and coffee bar in what feels like a mini-castle in the centre of Chipping Camden with a cute, elegant outside area.
After our delicious Italian sharing plates at lunch we loved the relaxed vibe so much we spent most of the afternoon basking in the sunshine in their outside area sampling lots of their extensive wines available by the glass! The staff were so friendly and accommodating that they even brought a sample recommended wine to try as we were so indecisive on which style to go for.
Obviously after the wines we Followed up with their true Italian style coffees which were perfecto!
A real find for relaxed dining in the Cotswold!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxford
“Quality:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Proper coffee, tasty cakes and very dishy waiters:) sorry had to add that bit they were really nice to talk to.The patio had pretty fountain and a lovely sunny sitting area. Also unusual crockery, thank-you!

Visited September 2013