“The best sandwich in ages!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Penrith, United Kingdom
“The best sandwich in ages!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Popped in by chance the other day as looked interesting and inviting for a light early lunch. Simple deli style menu, but the home made house deli sandwich was just the best. Real bread, proper ingredients, resulted in the tastiest sandwich in ages. The deli sells really nice local and italian products. Coffee OK, service friendly and efficient.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Terrible experience with Le Petit Croissant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Visited this cafe in mid March 2012.

I bought couple of items from there, (picture).
Me and my husband opened English mustard 5 days after visiting this place, tasted horrible, and noticed it was out of date (by FAR! 5 months ago).

So I rang one of the owner.
His manner was absolutely terrible. He was not apologetic at all in the beginning, seemed quite rude and not interested in what I had to say.
I basically told him it was out of date, and his response was "So what?" in a rush and didn't want to deal with this matter at all.

I asked for a refund (that's the least he could do, right?) but he said it was impossible to do that. UNLESS I go back to the place with receipt and a product.

I don't live close to Chipping Campden and I was there on a short holiday so obviously I can't go back there in person sometime soon.

This place (owner) deserve this review because of the terrible attitude of owner of this cafe.

So after unpleasant phone interaction with him, I said "I am not happy with what you just told me", and his response was "OK, bye".

Cafe itself is fine, seems clean and have things you'd expect most cafes to have.

But for the terrible personal experience I just had on the phone, I will never go back there and I WILL NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, lovely fresh produce served in a beautiful coutryard setting.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

A very friendly and accomodating place, with a pretty little courtyard area to sit and eat in. Nice fresh bread and a lovely selection of cheeses.It was just likr being on the continent!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good option for tasty, quick, relaxed light meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We shared the turkey panini, which was very tasty. We had the place to ourselves on the Sunday afternoon we visited. We liked the free WiFi and that they didn't mind that we brought in our own soda.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hamburg
“Excellent little find for a delightful lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We were out for a Sunday drive and needed a small lunch that would suit the hot temperatures and late hour since it was already past 2 o'clock. Also we try and avoid Sunday lunch crowds in pubs if we can.
On our way through Chipping Campden we noticed the shopfront first and almost dismissed it as a café without savoury lunch options until we saw the sign out front advertising sandwiches. In we went. At first we went out on the cute little terrace in the back to enjoy some more sun but quickly retreated back inside because it was too hot to sit outside in the sun on this day. In normal English temperatures the terrace is definitely worth checking out as it is quiet, shielded and well maintained with a few tables. Inside a cool and welcome breeze complimented the deli-style interior nicely. We ordered Sicilian lemonade and elderflower juice for drinks as well as steak sandwiches on home made sour dough bread. The staff and owner of Le Petit Croissant made us feel very welcome and provided information about the (locally sourced) food.
I eat steak sandwich almost everywhere for lunch and this, without a doubt, was the best steak sandwich I have ever had. Tender meat and tasty fresh sour dough bread with a small side of fresh salad greens - exactly right. Excellent value for money.
The café also sells good looking home baked pies and cakes, organic marmalades, wine and freshly baked breads. Plus probably a whole lot more I didn't even see.
All around a very pleasant experience - great staff and lovely to chat to the owner as well. Here is someone who appears very passionate about his business.

We will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2011