We booked to stay a the Red Lion to celebrate a milestone birthday. The room was described as lovely but this was not what met us when we arrived after a three hour journey. The "lovely" room was horrible, very dark, and dingy and was in a separate annex backing directly onto a busy road. (The bed headrest in the room backed directly onto a busy road and was very noisy). In addition to this, the room was dusty, had mould growing in the bathroom and hair in the bath, had peeling wallpaper and threadbare carpet. Although we were aware that the room was old, it hadn't been refurbished for at least 20 years and was not worth £99 per night.
We left after 20 minutes as the room was so below standard and was not as described. We had to find another hotel at short notice and the owner still had the cheek to take payment from my credit card which I will dispute all of the way.
- Also Known As:
- Red Lion Hotel
- Red Lion Hotel Chipping Campden
- Red Lion Chipping Campden
- Chipping Campden Red Lion
- Red Lion Inn Chipping Campden, Cotswolds
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Red Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.