“best on Cotswolds Way” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Old Bakehouse

The Old Bakehouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chipping Campden
The Old Bakehouse
You added The Old Bakehouse to your Saves list
Lower High Street, Chipping Campden, England   |
Aberdeen
“best on Cotswolds Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

started our walk on the Cotswolds Way at the Old Bakehouse this was one of the best if not the best night's stay of the holiday. Zoe was very welcoming. Rooms were lovely and comfortable. Michael's restaurant was recommended and booked for dinner which was an excellent evening.
Breakfast couldn't be faulted.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I just returned from a trip to the Cotswolds and the Old Bakehouse was my favorite place that I stayed! The owner, Zoe, made my daughter and me feel so welcome. She was full of helpful tips and provided us with a walking map/tour of the town, which was fun and informative. Zoe recommended places to eat as well. We enjoyed the delicious breakfast ... everything was fresh and yummy. The house is full of history and our room was charming, with original exposed beams, adding so much character! The room had special touches like fresh flowers and a welcome tray. The sheets/bedding were crisp too...everything was perfect!!
When I return to the Cotswolds, I will most definitely stay at the Old Bakehouse again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the front bedroom, facing the street. It was quiet (double pained windows) and I liked...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
buckingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I've just returned from a very relaxing weekend in the Cotswolds. Stayed with my best friend at The Old Bakehouse in Chipping Campden. We just wanted a chilled weekend of walking, eating and maybe a little drinking too ! The accommodation offered at this B and B is cosy, charming and spotlessly clean ! Zoe is a very friendly and welcoming hostess and nothing was too much trouble - ensuring we were happy with our breakfasts, recommending local eateries, even lending us a little rucksack for our excursion over yonder hills ! Breakfast was a lovely treat - ( I'm just used to a banana ! ) a fabulous selection of full cooked breakfasts, cereals, toast, yogurt and fruit. Would definitely recommend this B and B !

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

On my one week trip to England, I stayed in four different bed and breakfasts. Even though I stayed in some lovely places, this was by far the best! What made the difference? Zoe made me feel comfortable and at home from the moment I crossed the threshold. Her hospitality and personalization is unsurpassed. That was not all: the rooms were lovely and exceptionally clean, breakfast was delicious, and the location in the Cotswolds was perfect! This is one place I would recommend to any person, and plan to come back myself!

• Stayed December 2012
Crowthorn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This B&B was fabulous! It was almost like being part of the family. The rooms were immaculate, well designed, not too fussy and very very clean. They had thought of everything! Breakfast was as good as it gets. The Old Bakehouse is situated in the heart of Chipping Campden so not far to walk to anything. Highly recommend this lovely place.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms. I'd go for the one at the back.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Catawba, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at The Old Bakehouse for a night prior to starting the Cotswolds Way. Zoe greeted us with a warm, friendly welcome and was very accommodating during our stay. We stayed in the Dover Room, which we found clean and comfortable. The B&B is located right on High Street in Chipping Campden and is only about 100 yards from the start of the trail.

We highly recommend The Old Bakehouse to any hiker starting the trail or tourist visiting Chipping Campden.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Everything about the Old Bakehouse hits the right note. It's situated right on Chipping Campden High Street so the whole town/village is easily walkable. Our double room (I forget the name but the window overlooks the High St) was charming with exposed wooden beams, a window seat & a very comfortable bed. Yes, the en-suite was a little on the small side but hey this is a 600 year old house so you go with the flow. It's no coincidence that every review mentions Zoe the hostess, rarely do you meet a B&B owner with such enthusiasm & passion for their house & their business. We were really blown away by how friendly & helpful she was. This was a little birthday treat for myself & Zoe had left a couple of treats in the room for us, just a lovely touch. Oh & breakfast was the best I've had for ages, served in the beautiful Sitting room with an amazing open fireplace. Go & stay here you won't be disapointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Old Bakehouse? Share your experiences!