We stayed at The Cotswold House on Friday night of the Bank holiday weekend. Because I can't give it 3.5 stars, I'm giving it 4. Check in was easy and our room was ready at 2pm instead of 3pm, this was a good start as we had the Hindlip Suite with its own private garden and hot-tub. It is a very nice room but even with the aforementioned hot-tub and private garden I'm not sure it's worth £450 for the night. The carpet and arm chairs are a little tired and the bathroom is pretty bog standard. Having said that though the garden is absolutely lovely and we spent a very relaxing afternoon in it. We had booked through Mr & Mrs Smith and the promised bottle of complimentary champagne wasn't in the room, we had to call reception and ask for it, not a problem but a bit of a niggle when you're paying a lot of money.
We ate in The Grill and we found the food really nice and the service, especially from a young blonde lady, very friendly and helpful. We didn't leave a tip though as gratuity was added to the bill. Breakfast the next morning wasn't bad either, just a few observations, 'specialty' coffees were extra!? The pastries, fruit, cereals etc. supplied weren't especially generous. And the one thing I bloody hate, is wait staff clearing the tables next to us whilst we're still at breakfast, especially spraying the tables!! I appreciate they want to clear and start getting ready for lunch but spraying cleaner right next to our food is a bit rude.
On checking out the deposit we had paid wasn't deducted from the bill, I didn't say anything at the time as other guests were checking out as well and I felt a little embarrassed asking (silly I know) but I believe the error is being rectified.
All in all, nice but not perfect. I think a bit more attention to detail is required. Chipping Campden is gorgeous though and if you stay at the hotel you are in a perfect location for explore the village.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Chipping Campden
- Cotswold House Hotel
- Cotswold House Hotel & Spa Chipping Campden, Cotswolds
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Olotels, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Cotswold House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.