We stayed at The Cotswold House on Friday night of the Bank holiday weekend. Because I can't give it 3.5 stars, I'm giving it 4. Check in was easy and our room was ready at 2pm instead of 3pm, this was a good start as we had the Hindlip Suite with its own private garden and hot-tub. It is a very nice room but even with the aforementioned hot-tub and private garden I'm not sure it's worth £450 for the night. The carpet and arm chairs are a little tired and the bathroom is pretty bog standard. Having said that though the garden is absolutely lovely and we spent a very relaxing afternoon in it. We had booked through Mr & Mrs Smith and the promised bottle of complimentary champagne wasn't in the room, we had to call reception and ask for it, not a problem but a bit of a niggle when you're paying a lot of money.
We ate in The Grill and we found the food really nice and the service, especially from a young blonde lady, very friendly and helpful. We didn't leave a tip though as gratuity was added to the bill. Breakfast the next morning wasn't bad either, just a few observations, 'specialty' coffees were extra!? The pastries, fruit, cereals etc. supplied weren't especially generous. And the one thing I bloody hate, is wait staff clearing the tables next to us whilst we're still at breakfast, especially spraying the tables!! I appreciate they want to clear and start getting ready for lunch but spraying cleaner right next to our food is a bit rude.
On checking out the deposit we had paid wasn't deducted from the bill, I didn't say anything at the time as other guests were checking out as well and I felt a little embarrassed asking (silly I know) but I believe the error is being rectified.
All in all, nice but not perfect. I think a bit more attention to detail is required. Chipping Campden is gorgeous though and if you stay at the hotel you are in a perfect location for explore the village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award-winning stylish hotel and spa in the heart of Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, will appeal to discerning travellers visiting the Cotswolds, looking for tranquility, sublime comfort, exceptional food and a stunning spa. The contemporary style makes Cotswold House and Spa one of the most admired boutique hotels in the Cotswolds. With an idyllic location, flexible mix of spaces and immaculate service, Cotswold House is the perfect venue for board meetings, away-day training and corporate events. Whatever your plans - whether you're wanting a longer stay to explore the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon, a romantic weekend away, a well-deserved break in the Cotswolds with family and friends, a Cotswold conference or Cotswold wedding - Cotswold House and Spa is the perfect location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotel.de, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Cotswold House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Chipping Campden
- Cotswold House Hotel & Spa Chipping Campden, Cotswolds