Just returned from 2 nights at this hotel feeling disappointed. We stayed there a few years ago and had lovely time, the same cannot be said about our recent visit.
We booked two rooms and my wife's parents stayed in one of the garden rooms and was fine although a little tired. We however were placed in room 24. I accept it was a standard room but it was "well worn" to say the least. Drab decoration and a tired carpet. Many light bulbs not working and it took 2 requests to get this fixed. The shower head was broken making it very difficult, almost impossible to shower properly and despite asking 3 times this was not resolved. There were water stains on the bedroom ceiling from a previous leak and the bath rusty. The noise from adjoining bathrooms was completely unacceptable for a hotel for this supposed quality.
I also requested that the bill for my wife's room was handed to me as it was a treat for them. This was not done and was pushed under their door.
The management at the hotel is aware of my comments but I got the impression they could not care. Nobody seemed concerned about my views or even took much interest.
On the 2nd evening we tried to have a drink in the bar but gave up as there was no one to serve us, we went to a lovely local pub instead.
We left with the impression that the hotel is now "down at heel" much general maintenance is needed and it is trading on its past very good reputation. I'm surprised it still carries some of hotel "brand" groups it still does. We have stayed at a number of Mr& Mrs Smith and SLH hotels and Cotswold House does not presently appear to be of the same quality.
It is a shame as Chipping Campden is a lovely place and the autumn weather was very kind so we had a good few days.
My advice is to look elsewhere for a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award-winning stylish hotel and spa in the heart of Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, will appeal to discerning travellers visiting the Cotswolds, looking for tranquility, sublime comfort, exceptional food and a stunning spa. The contemporary style makes Cotswold House and Spa one of the most admired boutique hotels in the Cotswolds. With an idyllic location, flexible mix of spaces and immaculate service, Cotswold House is the perfect venue for board meetings, away-day training and corporate events. Whatever your plans - whether you're wanting a longer stay to explore the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon, a romantic weekend away, a well-deserved break in the Cotswolds with family and friends, a Cotswold conference or Cotswold wedding - Cotswold House and Spa is the perfect location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Cotswold House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Chipping Campden
- Cotswold House Hotel & Spa Chipping Campden, Cotswolds