“Dinner with an old girl friend !!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Kingsbridge
“Dinner with an old girl friend !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have visited Joel's over the past 20 years or so and I would say even though I have moved from the area decades ago am treated like a long lost friend when I arrive..We both had the fillet steak which over the years has never let me down..I would say that it is the best I have ever had with pepper sauce and chips and I have eaten a few over my 50 years in search of one that can match Joels..\this is yet to happen.It is my intention to book for Dovers games on the first weekend in june to watch the torchlight parade that comes from the hill culminating with an evening of dancing in the square..With its magnificent and well priced menu it will again be an evening to remember..If I had the ability to run a restuarant it would be like this one..Always great food and great service x

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Findlay, Ohio
“good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Had a wonderful steak dinner there. It is right in the center of town and easy walking distance. The service was good and desserts excellent.

Verwood, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a wonderful meal here and quite reasonably priced, our only criticism would be that the tables for 2 were a little too close to each other.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a great place. My husband and I had a lovely dinner here one night during our weekend break to the Cotswolds. The food was fantastic and I was so happy to find a place that serves Escargot as good as what I had in Paris! Lovely food and great atmosphere.

Loved it!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, United Kingdom
“:-D”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I loved eating at Joel's! We had a cosy table for two on a freezing cold April evening. The lemon sole was perfectly cooked. The service was excellent throughout our evening too. I'd love to go back in warmer weather and eat out on the terrace. 10\10!!