“everything was excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
“everything was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went with friends and could not have had a better time , all the staff was so very friendly , we had been upgraded to a four poster bed , the food was wonderful and we all felt thoroughly spoilt , one of the nicest hotels we have been to for a long time , well done to all the team

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
charingworth, Front Office Manager at Charingworth Manor, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guests

Thank you for your for your comments, I’m glad you enjoyed your break and had pleasant stay with us. I will pass these on to the team here at the hotel

We do hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future and please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can help in anyway

Reception Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

A one night offer with dinner B&B - an excellent characterful bedroom and spacious bathroom - provided the comfort and sustenance needed after a hectic day at the Malvern Flower Show. An early morning swim and an excellent breakfast set us up for a day at Wychford pottery and Hidcote Manor - both within easy reach of Charingworth.
The staff were friendly and caring, the manager a delight to chat with and all the facilities of a high standard.
Was there anything that could have been improved ?- I can't think of anything right now.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests

Thank you for your for your comments and taking the time to put these on trip advisor.
I’m glad you enjoyed your break and had pleasant stay with us.

Barnetby le Wold, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This spectacularly located hotel looks the business and pretty much delivers. The setting is gorgeous, the buildings and gardens superb. The rooms are superbly done - ours had been freshly decorated and was excellent. The staff all seemed very helpful, positive and polite.

The communal areas are a wee bit cramped and I suspect its a bit crowded when busy. The bar being one of the smallest I have ever seen in such a decent hotel.

The leisure club was quite nice though some tlc is needed to bring it back to the standard it should be for this quality of hotel.

Its hard to find anything to criticise to be frank - maybe hot plates for the english breakfast?

Overall well pleased with this place for a nice weekend break - expensive, but very nice.

Room Tip: Get the room with a garden - e.g. the Worcester Room
Dear Guests

I do agree the bar is cosy but we do have two other lounges were guests can relax and hopefully at some point this year guests will be able to see the sun on our terrace seating

bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Having travelled with friends for a one night break at this Hotel, we were more than delighted when we arrived and found that we had been upgraded to the 4 poster bedrooms. We hadn't arranged for this or even asked but it was so nice to have received this. Our receptionist was very charming and attended our needs with a smile on her face.
What a beautiful location,view spectacular, lovely gardens to sit out in (had it been warm enough). The rooms were gorgeous and beds so sumptuous. Even the toiletries were L'Occitane so no expense spared. Visiting the bar and undecided about what wine to choose, our barman offered us to sample each bottle until we made our choice. Thomas helped us with our food choices and knew exactly what each dish consisted of and his recommendations were delicious.

~we used the spa facilities which were lovely. Everything was so clean and tidy with plenty of fresh towels to use. It wasnt overcrowded so plenty of room to swim the length of the pool in peace.

I cannot fault this hotel, the staff, the food and the location. Although on the highend price wise, if you can get an offer then do consider it. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests

Thank you for your for your kind comments, we do have a lovely team here at Charingworth and i will share your comments with them.

Shipston on Stour, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Party of 6 visited the restaurant at this lovely manor. We ate off the "light lunch" menu ranging in price from £5 to £20 . Excellent value for money. Food was excellent, very well presented and a good selection although only one starter was available.
Childrens menu was available but I had to go hunting for a waitress to find me one! Again, good selection and well presented - definately NOT prossesed junk!
We were left unattended for some time before our oder was taken but other than that, the service was excellent too.
My mother-in-law was so impressed she wnted to book a holiday there,(they were visiting us) but was unable to find a hotel brochure.

Dear Guests

Thank you for your for taking the time to add a review on trip advisor, I will share your comments with the restaurant and kitchen team

Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a one night stay as part of a Cotswolds touring short break. this is a lovely hotel in a breathtaking part of the country and only a few minutes drive from the beautiful village of Chipping Campden and within easy touring distance of most of the Cotswolds villages.

The service was excellent and the food a very high standard. The rooms were clean and the beds huge and very comfortable.

My only improvement suggestion, although too small to have spoiled an otherwise 1st class experience, would be to pay more attention to clearing the breakfast table; being a part buffet the dirty plates seemed to pile up.

Not a cheap hotel by any means but still offers good value for money if you want some luxury

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
charingworth, General Manager at Charingworth Manor, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guests

Thank you for your for taking the time to add a review on trip advisor, I will share this with the team here at Charingworth.

Michael David Eastick
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Charingworth Manor was a welcome sight to our car full of weary travelers. We had no problems with check-in and found that our room had been upgraded (Score!). The bed was comfortable, the bedding soft and the toiletries were L'Occitane. The lighting in our bathroom was a bit flat, but everything was clean and fresh. We did not take advantage of the spa or pool but they sure looked inviting. My brother and I made good use of the bar and enjoyed sampling the whiskeys. The overall atmosphere was cozy and quiet, and not once did we hear any loud children. There are games and reading materials to occupy one's time in the main sitting area. The gardens were lovely despite the fact we were there past their peak. The view surrounding the Manor is breathtaking and pure, rolling, English countryside. My full English breakfast was spot on and the coffee was strong.

The only negative: the morning of our departure we had to wait 25 minutes for the next desk employee to arrive to check-out. The girl at the desk actively ignored us standing there until we called to her directly when she told us that she was unable to check us out. Nowhere was this written in any paperwork or brought to our attention at check-in. I can't imagine the panic someone would feel if they had an early flight to catch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guests

Thank you for your kind comments I will share these with the team here at Charingworth.

We do have reception staff on duty for billing from 7am, I’m sorry on this occasion there was a delay with your checkout we will work on giving additional training in this area

Michael David Eastick

Been to Charingworth Manor? Share your experiences!