“Friendly, comfortable, relaxed and a great breakfast - my best B&B experience for years.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taplins B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chipping Campden
Taplins B&B
You added Taplins B&B to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   5 Aston Road, Chipping Campden GL55 6HR, England   |
oxfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

Friendly and helpful service, the room was clean and comfortable, the private bathroom was wonderful. Chipping campden is a great place to stay and this B&B is quiet but close enough to walk 5 minutes to the centre. We arrived after a hard day of walking in the cold and sank into a luxurious bath and tea in our room. The breakfast was fresh, locally produced and delicious. Best of all, our hosts were easygoing and didn't rush us to leave the next day. I would strongly recommend this as good value and an enjoyable experience, and I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

We spent two nights at Taplin's B&B whilst touring round the Cotswolds in summer. The location was easy to find and well located to Chipping Campden. The hospitality we received was great. It was a great family run B&B. Booking was done over the phone, but it is worth noting that all payments are via cash or cheque only.

The room was very comfortable with a great view of the morning sunrise. The bed was very comfortable with good quality linen. On the back of this the breakfasts were top notch a good start to everyday.

We found this location a great place to base yourself for a few days in the beautiful Cotswolds.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Edam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

We did stay at the very nice and warm bed & breakfast of Rachel & Tim Hall, Their B&B, Taplins, is very nice located, just a stroll from the very peaceful authentic village Chipping Campden. Their hospitality and service is really nice and you feel like you are at home. They do really care and know the area and best spots and places to go very well. We really enjoyed our stay and would like to strongly recommend everybody to stay at their very nice place. We will definetely return to this warm and welcome B&B.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

Very hospitable and accommodative to our needs.
The room was perfect, very cosy and comfortable and the ensuite bathroom was great.
Location was ideal - very close to the main high street.
We really enjoyed the breakfast and the hosts were very accommodative of our dietary requirements.
Overall we had a lovely stay and would highly recommend Taplins to others looking for a quiet and pleasant break with friendly hosts and spacious cosy accommodation at a reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Yeovil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

Very good B&B with very nice and helpful owners, Due to arriving early we were able to drop off our bags and park our car at the B&B,giving us time to go out and explore while our room was being made ready, They were very helpful and also supplied us with maps of local walks and countryside.
Found the B&B to be a short strole from the Shops and Restaurants,Liturally 5 minutes away.Although did have some difficulties having meals out at night due to Restaurants being full.Recommend booking up if you can.
We found the room we had to be very good and extremely comfortable with good sized en suite and nice views over the rear of the property.
Next morning awoke to a full English breakfast choice of cereals and fruit.

Overall we enjoyed the stay and would happly go again.
Antony & Sarah

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Surrey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

I booked a one night stay in this B&B several months in advance as I had a long standing commitment to be in the area last Saturday night. I talked to Tim Hall the owner, explained why my friend and I were coming. I offered a deposit but he said they did not need one. This Friday night I called just to confirm since it was several months since I booked and the owners had cancelled my booking without my knowledge.

Luckily I got the last room in Chipping Camden at lovely B&B up the road but I now know that I am not the first person that this has happened to. Had I not rung we would have turned up on Saturday and found ourselves with no where to stay.

I'm sure Taplins is a very pleasant place to stay but I did not get to do that. The owners are cancelling one night bookings without the knowledge of the customer if they get a better offer e.g. a three night booking. I would not want this to happen to anyone else, especially not someone coming from overseas so if you do make a one night booking at Taplins please ring and make sure you still have a room.

• Disliked — mystery cancellation
  • Stayed October 2008
cotswoldstay, owner at Taplins B&B, responded to this review, January 6, 2009
As the owner of Taplins, I am very disappointed that this guest was inconvenienced, but it was not a confirmed booking and I had already e-mailed them to say that we were fully booked.

Been to Taplins B&B? Share your experiences!