“Fantastic hotel, fantastic staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Doncaster

You added Holiday Inn Express Doncaster to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Doncaster
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   First Point Business Park | Bullrush Grove, Balby, Doncaster DN4 8SJ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
“Fantastic hotel, fantastic staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Staying here as attending training course in Doncaster. Arrived at Doncaster train station which is only 10 mins away from hotel and cost about £5-£6 in a taxi.

Unfortunately I had arrived a day too early for my course, and was rather distressed at this point. Nicky the guest services manager on duty managed to calm me down and was able to find me the best rate to book me in a day early. The level of service I had recieved up to this point I found to be incredible and unexpected, and Nicky helped me more relaxed state.

The bedroom was immaculately clean and the bed very comfortable with a choice of hard or soft pillows. The downstairs public areas were clean modern and comfortable

I later encountered Dave downstairs who was aware of my sittuation and went out of his way to make me feel welcome. He even helped me plan an itenary for my newly freed up time. He was very knowledgeable of the local area and amenities.

Breakfast was great, and found the choice of food and beverage vast considering it being a HIEX. Evening meals were also of high standard. Apart from their usual menus, they also ran specials each night, including a curry night! I had a steak special on my final night which was to die for.

Overall my stay, albeit extended, was a comfortable one and I really have found a home from home in Doncaster. This is down to the staff who work incredibly hard to look after their guests and make it a really friendly place to say. Thanks again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Gemma T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Doncaster, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your great review on the hotel, food and staff at our hotel.

I am pleased to hear that our staff went out of their way to help with you and they will definitely be acknowledged for their great customer service!

We do pride ourselves on the specials we offer each night, they really do offer the added value that our guests look for.

Thanks again for your positive comments and we hope that you can visit us again some time

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Livingston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed a couple of nights visiting family in the area. Very easy access from M18. The room was clean and fresh and the bed comfortable. Breakfast buffet style with a good choice of items available. The lounge bar area was comfortable with a large screen tv and good choice of beers. We enjoyed our stay will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gemma T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Doncaster, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Bill,

Many thanks for your great review!

We hope to welcome you back again to the hotel soon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Right from the very start we were made to feel very welcome the reception staff very friendly
The room was very clean and comfortable
The buffet style breakfast was nothing fancy but adequate enough all in all good value for money free parking and wifi an added bonus

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gemma T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Doncaster, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your great feedback on our hotel and staff, it is very much appreciated and we do hope that you come visit us again soon!
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Easy to book on-line, easy(ish) to find as we were not local, just visiting the area.
Check in was pain-less and the hotel was of good standard in all areas.
Good night sleep and filling breakfast.
Certainly use Holiday Express again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gemma T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Doncaster, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback to our simple, smart and spot on service!

Hopefully the next time you stay we can ensure that we achieve a 5 star rating from you! And if you ever need help in locating the hotel again please feel free to contact our reception desk to help guide you to the right place.
Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Have stayed in this hotel on several occasions & standards haven't changed as far as hotel facilities. Bedrooms, bar area & breakfast very good standard, clean & tidy
The only issue I had was upon arrival, taking a pre authorisation from my credit card because I am an IHG member which is a standard procedure for many hotels in the chain!!? I pre-paid the rate & didn't want any credit as we were going to pay for drinks at the bar, I don't think this should happen as it's not automatically credited (dependant on your bank) unless they complete the authorisation. (I know this as I work in a major chain hotel!)
The answer I got was to delete the attached card to my IHG rewards profile, guess what: There is no credit card on file. Add Credit Card this I've copied of my profile!!
Shame about this situation as actually the hotel is favourable

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you fro your kind comments and continued custom to our hotel. It is very much appreciated.

In regards to the pre authorisation on your card, this is a standard procedure which we and many other IHG branded hotels execute as to ensure a swift and easy check in for our IHG rewards members, however if this is something which is not to your preference then please do simply contact the hotel direct when booking, or contact IHG rewards to place a file note on your member number to assist in ensuring that this does not happen again. Unfortunately this is not something that I would be able to do on your behalf but if you require any further assistance in this matter the please feel free to contact the hotel direct and we will help you with your request.

I do hope that you choose us again for your stays in Doncaster!
Weymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Easy to book - easy to find - a good base for days out. Just a few minor issues with the finish in the bathroom as the floor tiles needed a re-grout as it was badly cracked. The breakfast was certainly filling but noticed sometimes the staff struggled to keep up to the demand on the hot food. Certainly go back

Room Tip: Avoid those over the front entrance as can be very noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gemma T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Doncaster, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback on the hotel and our services, we are happy that you found the breakfast filling!

Sorry that the condition of the bathrooms was not up to your standard, we do take pride in the condition of the hotel so we will be conducting a thorough check on the bathrooms to ensure that any tiles cracked are replaced, so than you for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed here before, nice hotel, bit on the outskirts, but new Morrison's built since I was there last.

I've never really liked this version of the Holiday Inn Express version room, there always something cold and bleak about it.

Room heating ineffective from the air-con.

Can't get 3G network with Vodafone, but not so much of an issue with free wifi.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback on the hotel and our services.

The version of Holiday Inn Express' have changed since we opened in 2007 and we are very close to starting a new bedroom refurbishment to bring decor up to the new Express standards so I am positive that this will make us a more warming and welcoming place to stay!

I do hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future and thank you again for your feedback

Been to Holiday Inn Express Doncaster? Share your experiences!