“great overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 19 hotels in Doncaster
yorkshire
“great overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Having never stayed at this hotel chain before we were pleasantly surprised how well it was run, from checking in to the meal in the restaurant, the staff were first rate.Our room was nice and clean, the bed was very comfortable, a choice of soft or hard pillows were left for us - a nice touch.If we had to say one slight criticism it be at breakfast the queue at the toaster was too long- maybe a bigger one or provide two would work better.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the hall are quieter away from the road
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Yorkshire Ken,

Thank you ever so much for posting your feedback onto trip advisor, following your recent stay with us. I was as you can imagine delighted to read your kind comments made about the fantastic facilities we have on offer for our guests at the Holiday Inn Doncaster and also the excellent service provided by the staff. I have noted your comment made about breakfast and have instructed my Food and Drink Manager to purchase another toaster to assist with busy Breakfasts.

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

excellent reception staff,very friendly and helpful.the room we had was excellent in all area,s.the staff in the restaurant was excellent would like to make a special mention to Wendy very helpful and made us feel very welcomethe gym was rather small but had everything I wanted pool and steamroom very good. overall 5***** and will stay there again without any qualms

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear BarryM,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor, following your 3 day stay with us. I was really pleased to read your comments made about your overall stay with us and in particular the excellent facilities we have on offer for all of our guests at the Holiday Inn Doncaster. I will make sure your kind comments made about the " fantastic team " at the hotel are shared with them all.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Have been to this holiday inn many times. We love the swimming pool and steam room, staff are always friendly-my daughter loves the bunk beds and the price- with a meal works out cheaper than some very shabby Travelodges we have stayed in. if need business in area would definitely recommend

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear Lulu,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor, following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you had a really enjoyable stay with us and that you really like the Leisure Club facilities and the bunk beds for children.

I will make sure that your kind comments are shared with all of my team at the Hotel.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Doncaster in the near future.

Colchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Arrived here in December to find the police at the reception trying to deal with a fight that had broken out from a party. Check in was quick and efficient and we were directed to our room which was absolutely freezing. It took over an hour before I could take off my coat. The party was right outside our window but we tried to block out the noise. The bed was very uncomfortable. We rolled into the middle and had to cling on to the edges to stop this! When I looked at the matrress there was a sticker on it with advice about turning so this is something that the hotel have obviously thought about?? The following morning we had breakfast which was really nice and the staff were nice and kept my soya milk in the firdge overnight which I appreciated. We told the staff on reception about the uncomfy bed and they told us for our second night they would move our room which they did, two doors up on the same side The following night was a repeat performance. The bed was very uncomfy with rolling in to the middle and the noise was really bad. We rang down to reception to ask when the noise would stop and we told it was due to go on for at least another hour (this was 11.30pm) and that they would try and speak to people and have a word about keeping the noise down. This did seem to help, but the hotel is big, why put people in this side of the hotel when they are nothing to do with the party? The staff were helpful and the room was clean and tidy but we were disappointed as we have family that live very close by and have stayed here before and would again if it were not for the problems we encountered. A shame :0(

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear JoeMc,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor, following your stay with us in December 2011. I was you can imagine disappointed to read your comments made about the levels of noise you experienced and also the comfort of the bed. Please accept my sincere apologies. I can confirm that within QMH Hotels we complete regular quality checks of all bedrooms and have a robust plan in place to replace any beds that don't meet the standard. On the nights when you stayed with us we had a number of guests attending Christmas Party nights who also stayed over with us, which did result in an increase in noise. However we have made a note of your comments and will make sure you are allocated a room away from the noise for future.

I will make sure your kind comments made about the staff are shared with the whole team at the hotel.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Arrived here 28/2/12 til 29/2/12. Room was well presented and warm! The beds were really really comfortable!! Wish i could've spent more time in it!! The food was quite expensive for what you got, but seen as i wasn't paying, i wasn't complaining!!! The nice irish lady who served us our evening meal was spot on! Very friendly! Overall a very good stay and would defo recommend to others!!

Room Tip: All Beds Are Comfy As!!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback on trip advisor, following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read your comments made about the overall facilities we have on offer at the Holiday Inn Doncaster. I will make sure that your comments made about the food and service are shared with all of my team at the hotel

Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Hotel was very good value @ £80 Dinner, B&B per night for 2 people
Receptionist polite but not over friendly, she asked me to sign a form with out explaining what I was registering for. Being in the trade I realised it was their loyalty programme so I asked if there were any benefits, freebies etc so she reluctantly gave me a voucher for a free drink from the residents bar. Make sure you ask if you sign on the loyalty programme otherwise it wont be forthcomming!
Evening meal was surprisingly good, ask for a table in the conservatory as it's a pleasant surrounding, staff also very efficient & friendly.
Breakfast excellent choice & very good, guy who showed us to our table had a good customer focused attitude.
Rooms very spacious & clean look fairly new
Definitley stay again

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear Debsink,

Thank you ever so much for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor, following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read your kind comments made about the Food and whole guest experience. I will make sure that this is shared with all of my team at the hotel.

Leeds, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stopped at the Holiday Inn at Doncaster last Friday night. Excellent location straight off Jn36 of the A1(M) and less than a minute until we were in the hotel car park. Reception staff were friendly, welcoming and professional. Our room was clean, tidy and well laid out with all the additions you would expect. Breakfast the following morning was excellent. Large selection to choose from and pleasant surroundings.
Overall the hotel is well presented, in a great location and excellent value for money.
I'm sure we'll be stiopping there again!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback on trip advisor, regarding your recent stay at the Hotel. I was delighted to read your kind comments made about the whole guest experience.
I will make sure your feedback is passed onto all my team at the hotel.

Nigel Dibb

Been to Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36? Share your experiences!