“Tasty food, lots of choice, reasonably priced!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert, Continental, International, Pan-Asian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, lots of choice, reasonably priced!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Went to Cosmo last night after work with my friend and was pleasantly surprised by the cosmo experience.

Firstly, the decor and design of Cosmo was much nicer than I expected. Very opulent and quick efficient service.

Lots of choice for Chinese and Indian food lovers again very authentic tasting rather than mass dining options.

There is also a section of Italian, British and Mexican food but I only managed a slice of pizza as I had a large volume of Chinese and Indian food.

Cosmo is the ideal dining experience in Doncaster centre especially as it is conveniently located in the Frenchgate Centre and opens earlier than most so if you work near or in town you can go from work.

Will definately be returning soon!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Loved it, so many dishes to choose from, very friendly and efficient staff, cant wait for one to open near us.

Visited July 2013
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Visited with family and friends. Great place to graze and socialise, to have taster plates of many different foods whilst chatting amongst yourselves, though some people think they have to pile their plates to overflowing and shovel down their bodyweight rather than take a little at a time and enjoy the different cuisines. Would also be better if people actually supervised their children so they kept their hands etc out of the food on offer, especially the desserts( chocolate fountain to name but one). We have visited a few on these 'all you can eat' places in the USA before and I can honestly say that Cosmo is better than a lot of them. I would definitely recommend a visit to Cosmo but make sure you make a telephone reservation so you don't have to stand around waiting for a table.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Doncaster
“Top Quality - beyond Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited this restaurant on a busy Saturday evening and we were totally thrilled with the experience. It's a large place and very well laid out. The food is beyond excellent, there were six of us and all enjoyed everything we ate. There is so much choice it's almost unbelievable but the quality is not sacrificed just because of the variety. I would not hesitate to recommend and will be back again very soon!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went to Cosmo on a Tuesday evening, for my mums birthday.
Booked the table for 7:30 but had to wait in crowded entrance for about twenty-twenty five minutes, which was red hot.
We were seated at a booth, which was very nice. Our waitress was nice, and considering how busy it was, she seemed calm and friendly.
Our drinks order was taken, but delivered to the wrong table, so we didnt recieve our drinks for a while.

The Chinese starters were probably the best part of the meal, a nice selection, and particularly the duck, was lovely.

I tried the Indian food, but Indian being my favourite cuisine, I was disappointed about the dry chicken tikka, and dry Naan, so instead I got a Chinese main course. This was okay.

I wasn't particularly impressed with dessert, it was more style over substance, with loads of lovely looking mini desserts, but lacking a bit in flavour or quality. However I'm not really a dessert person so I probably wouldn't have fully appreciated them anyway.

Overall, for the price it was pretty good. 12.99 a head, and drinks are also surprisingly reasonable, think a bottle of house white was about £10.50 and a pint of San Miguel just over £3.

My recommendations would be to definitely book, and request a booth if possible, to avoid a long wait.
I also recommend the crispy duck starter, and the vegetables from the Chinese section. If you want anything from the live station, make sure you request an amount, as my boyfriend (who has a big appetite) asked for king prawns, and was given two small king prawns from the chef.

I will be trying it again, as as far as world buffets go, it was decent, and the few small issues i had wee probably just teething problems.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere