“Afternoon tea in the wonderful conservatory!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Doncaster
“Afternoon tea in the wonderful conservatory!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Recently went with my daughter for afternoon tea at Lord Hurst. I had previously been before for a family meal so was aware of its random quirky decor!!However, my teenage daughter hadn't and she was fascinated by the place!

Afternoon tea was lovely with a good selection of freshly made sandwiches cakes and scone with clotted cream. We were asked our preferences on sandwiches - with me being a vegetarian this was appreciated. The bakewell style cake was lovely as too where the scones.
The afternoon tea for two works out at £24 which I suppose is a little on the pricey side. But then we were offered more sandwiches, cakes and tea by the lovely waitress. We declined this as we were stuffed! I think it's worth it just for the surroundings- upstairs is beautiful too x

The manager was there who was really chatty and friendly ( I have been uphill running this week at lakeside as recommended - thank you! Ha ) and as mentioned before the waitress is also really really lovely and very attentive.

We had a lovely afternoon and will definitely be back soon. Thank you

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“a chilled chat over tea.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

a lovely little quirky coffee shop..i go as often as i can afford to and love to take my friends,,who are always impressed with the flower shop, coffee shop, gift shop combined,..i try to get in the back yard !!! with its mish match of vintage style..with the heat lamps and tables set up for tea.,,lord hurst..chats away with a slight eccentricness,,,,everything is freshly made to order .fresh soup, sandwiches, paninis, and cakes along with a selection of teas.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Quirky and eclectic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This tearoom is different to any we've visited. It's quirky and has an eclectic mix of things,(which are probably a nightmare to dust!)
The coffee was great and the cakes delicious. Service was spot-on, nothing seemed too much trouble.
Altogether, a very different experience.

Visited February 2013
“A hidded gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My friend suggested we give Lord Hurst a try as we were on that side of town, I had heard of lord Hurst before but just thought it was a run of the mill coffee shop, how wrong was I! Lord Hurst's eccentric English tearoom, has a wonderful collection of old things from the past and far away travels. We loved having tea out of bone china cups not the normal cheap pottery that's in most coffee shops these days. The staff are down to earth and in a way it's like being invited into someones living room from a bygone age, the the lovely Lord Hurst, is very happy to chat and tell you about his collection. The food was lovely and on paying we saw a lovely collection of cakes for sale along with some that had just come out of the oven, they looked lovely and I look forward to returning to sample them!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A lovely experience!Well worth a visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I had never been to Lord Hursts before today and was surprised by this lovely and quaint tea rooms. The service and food was excellent and I would definitely go back!

• 4 of 5 stars Food