“Very good pub grub!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Very good pub grub!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Good food ,good atmosphere will definitely return .We had three starters and three mains all different, couldn't fault any of it .Anybody wanting good food at very reasonable prices should give it a try .

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Absolute melt in the mouth, gorgeous food. Would go again definitely. Great staff, great prices, awesome food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yorkshire
“An impressive find......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

On reading such good reviews about the food at the Angel Inn, I checked out their website and found a varied menu but with only one vegetarian choice posted. Following a friendly telephone enquiry I was assured that there is always a vegetarian option on the Specials Board and that any veggie starter can be upgraded to a main. Having checked out the map we found the Inn easily (not far from the Church if you are a little lost) and parked in the ample car park. On arrival our table was ready in the lovely lime green and purple themed Conservatory but we were offered the choice of remaining in the pub should we prefer. Sipping a chilled glass of Sauvignon, with my husband loving the Real Ale he had chosen; we looked out onto hanging baskets full of flowers and could see the bean shoots peeping out of what obviously was the vegetable garden a little way off. Staff from the kitchen passed by occasionally outside, and their attire and aprons looked clean and fresh. After starters of a creamy pea soup with sliced brown bread, and mushrooms with a goat’s cheese gratin, our mains followed. My tenderloin was presented in the current modern style perched on top of the crushed potatoes and I enjoyed trying flavoursome beetroot sauce with it. Two small trays of vegetables including carrots, broccoli and home grown buttered courgettes, lightly cooked to be just tender were served alongside. My husband chose the wilted spinach and cheese tart and this was ample, so much so, that he couldn’t manage a pudding which was a shame! They look so tempting. An iced water jug added to our table seemed standard practice. As someone with a passion for the ambience and table decoration my only negative thought was concerning the carpet, which didn’t seem to suit the room to me. I felt a nice laminate floor would work well and would accommodate a change of chair covers and napkins to suit different seasonal colour themes. Friendly staff, good food and an attitude that strives for excellent customer service means I would have no hesitation in returning.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Tasty meal's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I had the 8oz steak med-well which was delicious. A bit pricey at £16 and served only with a light, but tasty salad and small chips. The wife had the lemon chicken breast that was a good size and flavoursome. The old dears had the fish n chips that my dad loved. A nice twist presented in newspaper with mushy peas. Mum had the best portion with the steak n ale pie, chips and a good side of fresh veg. We will be returning.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Superb evening meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

A pub that does food , that the locals use ,Friendly staff , excellent beer,I had Ballantine of chicken & Nichola had pork both of which where very tasty served with seasonal vegetables. I'm not a desert person normally but the white chocolate & mascarpone parfait was superb as was Nichola's chocolate brownie . Will visit again.

Visited July 2013