“not bad” 3 of 5 stars

Description: This restuarent is now part of the Hungry Horse Chain
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

the food was nice and the service wasn't bad however how many pubs have a pay and display carpark?!?!?! I came out to a parking ticket after spending a fortune in the establishment make sure the parking charge from Britannia parking doesnt ruin your meal! I will never go again due to having to pay £4 to park and pay to eat I think it is Disgusting!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“quick lunch(not)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Went for a quick lunch, what a mistake waited 25 minutes before our meal arrived, the waitress said sorry for the delay but our quick lunch ended up being over 45 minutes
The food was average and what we initially wanted was out of stock
Lots of people waiting for food

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Distinctly ordinary”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Came here hoping for a cheap and cheerful meal out, but it only met one of those criteria. The food is reasonably priced, but we had to wait a long time for it top turn up, and when it did most of it was cold. My girlfriend's lamb shank was tough and wasn't finished. My "chilli beef" buritto was just stuffed with a ton of rice - there may have been a solitary shred of meet hiding somewhere. Really disappointing as this was a good place before being taken over by a chain.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Shocking visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Came here for the first time today, ordered our starters and asked for my sons meal to come out same time as the starters, after an hour wait we finally got them, the starters were ok but it did take an hour for nachos and a prawn salad even the pub wasn't busy and didn't even mention a wait. It took another 20 minutes after finishing the starters before they cleared them away, I went to the bar before our mains came out to order my sons pudding, it took another 30 mins after this to let us know that what I ordered wasn't in stock, to which I requested an alternative, our mains then arrived, the steak was fatty, chewy and undercooked to my request, the waiting staff never came back to our table to check if everything was alright. I went to check where my sons pudding was as I ordered this a good 40 mins before, to then be told the alternative pudding wasn't in stock either, so I requested another alternative. I ordered our puddings with this, and was told they didn't have some of the puddings I wanted to order, I eventually managed to find a dessert I wished to order and did so. After another 20 minutes wait, we got a poorly presented desserts. This quick bite for lunch turned out to be a 3 hour visit, the parking was a pay and display of which the establishment take of your bill when you order, I had to pay extra for this as the time spent there turned out longer than expected due to the slow service, this was not refunded by them as we had finished our meal. This is not a place that I would recommend for people to go for a quick lunch, or for a nice meal, the food needs improvement, and the customer service was extremely poor.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Pie with a hard hat”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Am not sure I can this place any more chances. I ordered the potato and cheese pie, I was asked if I wanted gravy with it but am not sure gravy and cheese go together. Well the crust was so hard I could'nt get my knife in. I eventually picked it up to bite into it but it was far too hard. I did mention it but all I got was 'Sorry about that,I will pass your comment on'.If I remember rightly that what was said last time I complained so it must be a line they give out.Does no-one from head office visit these places,unknown to the staff to see what it is like. The chips were ok if a little too brown though some people may like them like that.

• Visited January 2014