“dining with friends” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“dining with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Well what can i say .... a group of about twelve friends met up for a meal at this little gem in Doncaster , the food was amazing the service was wonderful , it really is a resturant worth visiting ,we would definitely go there again ... in fact we have already booked !!

• Visited September 2012

“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have visited Turkuraz twice now and can honestly say that this is one of the best restaurants that I have ever visited, both home and away! The food is just beautiful, the service impeccable and the atmosphere unbeatable! My friend booked our table for 7 and had to book three weeks in advance due to the restaurant's well deserved popularity. Well worth the wait though.
Great banter with the waiters, fab belly dancers and complimentary shots makes this a place that you will not forget in a hurry (for all the right reasons!). Me and all of my friends left with huge smiles on our faces and in such a feel-good mood. If you live in South Yorkshire or ever visit Doncaster then GO TO THIS PLACE!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hythe, Kent
“A TURKISH DELIGHT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just to say a BIG THANK YOU AGAIN to Maz, Ali (1), Ali (2) and Ken. Just returned home from our visit to Donny, during which we ate at Turkuaz three times, because everything is so good! The Hot Combo for 2 is a perfect starter - the Kalamari is to die for, so tender - and the Lamb Skewers just melt in the mouth. We found Turkuaz on our last visit 3 months ago, but were instantly recognised by the staff and were made to feel so welcome. Thanks again guys (especially for the after-dinner Raki...) Can't wait to see you all again. Keep up the high standard.
Diana & David (from 'Down South')

• Visited October 2012
“FANTASTIC !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

first visit to this place after trying to book a few times and always fully booked , BOOK EARLY !. Amazing place, beautiful food, great friendly service ... the waiters recognised we were first timers and made a fuss of us !. Belly dancer was great, it really got the atmosphere going. I would recommend this place to anyone !

• Visited May 2012
Doncaster
“The rudest waiter ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have taken a while to write this review because I don't like to be negative. I really hope the owners of this restaurant read this, because I would hate to see a good restaurant ruined by one terrible member of staff.

I have visited Turkuaz many times and have generally found it to be good, even excellent when they aren't extremely busy. We last visited 5-6 weeks ago and the evening started as usual, with a warm welcome from one of the waiters who instructed another member of staff to seat us, he showed us to out table before pulling my wife's chair our for her with the comment "I will pull your chair out because he doesn't have good manners" before continuing "You can pull your own chair out". I wasn't offended by this and took it as a not very amusing attempt at humor. He took our drinks order and returned 10 minutes later with the drinks. He poured my wife's drink, commenting I will pour your drink for you, then plonked the bottle down in front of me saying "you can pour your own", winking at my wife. Again this didn't really bother me, it was obvious that he thought this cheesy patter made him some sort of Casanova. As mentioned in some other posts we waited ages for our food to arrive while the other larger tables positioned around us were served first even tough they were seated after us.

When the food finally arrived it was similar to previous visits with one exception, the lamb chops can be a little dry, so for the first time ever I specifically asked if I could have them lightly cooked and pink, the waiter noted this down (between more cheesy/ rude banter) when the food arrived they were very overcooked more so than they have ever been before. The rest of the mixed grill was as usual very good.
While we were eating our food another waiter came and removed our basket of bread, my wife had asked for it to be left on the table, so we asked our waiter for some more. He looked me up and down, poked me in the belly, and said I think you have had enough while winking at my wife. I didn't hear this and wondered why he was poking my belly, so I said "pardon" to this he responded, "I think you have had enough", "you don't need to eat anymore" "you could do with loosing some weight". We paid the bill and when asked if we had enjoyed our meal by another member of staff I explained that I didn't like to attitude of the other waiter, repeating what he had just said, he looked shocked and I did see him talking to our waiter. We promptly paid the bill and left. I never expect to visit again, a real shame as options for eating out are rather limited in Doncaster.

I am actually rather a laid back person and very rarely complain in restaurants, I am still rather puzzled as to why anyone in the food service industry would treat customers in such a way. I can only conclude that this banter goes down well with the offices parties and he dos and make up a large proportion of the customers. I have to say that the other waiters are always extremely friendly and extend a great welcome

• Visited August 2012