“Fabulous Cottage” 5 of 5 stars

You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Mount Pleasant Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Great North Road, Doncaster DN11 0HW, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
GreenLeadersSilver level
newcastle
“Fabulous Cottage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Went to this self catering cottage for a week with daughter and hubby, found the facilities to be outstanding. We were placed in one cottage but due to the heating not being on in time we were moved instantly without having to ask to the cottage next door. The rooms had ample towels and bathroom was spotless and beautiful. Kitchen was done tastefully as well . There are leisure facilities nearby as we did not really go to the hotel to eat. Doncaster centre is only 6 miles or less away by car. Nearby Bawtry town 2-3 miles is beautiful and a bit posh looking . The cottage was very enjoyable and we would definately recommend this one.

Room Tip: All the cottages are beautiful we were in #4 but #3`s bathroom is much bigger
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MPH1938, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Mount Pleasant Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear islandbeautyuk

Thank you for completing the feedback to Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay in the self catering cottages at the hotel.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

BEST WESTERN PREMIER Mount Pleasant Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Prestwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

First visit on a weekend break with another couple. As we were using our Tesco vouchers, we upgraded to a king size room. Glad we did, as the room was wonderfully spacious with a very comfortable bed and excellent facilities. Throughout the stay all of the staff were really friendly and efficient and could not do enough for us. We had two breakfasts and two dinners in the hotel's main restaurant and the food and the service were first class. We understand that the hotel has been in the same family's hands for many years and their good taste is certainly reflected in and around the hotel, within which they have located many really unusual and interesting features. It is also worth mentioning that while we were there, a wedding took place on the Sunday. However (and unlike our experience in other hotels) apart from being aware of the guests arriving, it was so well organised that you would hardly have known that a wedding was taking place. We shall be back.

Dear mossgiel

Thank you for completing the feedback to Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay using your Tesco vouchers at the hotel, it is fantastic offer using those vouchers.

I was very pleased to read your feedback and read that you had such a wonderful stay I shall certainly pass your comments through to all members of the team here at the hotel.

Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night to attend a wedding. The room was large and well appointed with a super bathroom and a very comfortable big bed. All toiletries are provided as well as a hairdryer and lovely bathrobes. The rooms are equipped with a kettle and a variety of hot drinks.

The food we found to be good but not exceptional but we were attending a wedding so the a la carte menu may be very different. Breakfast was excellent and included in the room rate (£99) and consisted of a buffet of cereals (lots of choice) fruit, cold meats and cheese, yogurts, pasties and nuts/dried fruit with a hot breakfast cooked to order. Again, there is plenty of choice here; from a traditional English breakfast to scrambled eggs with salmon, pancakes, oatmeal, kippers and a vegetarian option amongst others.

All in all a pleasant stay and courteous staff but we did find the drinks quite pricey - a pint of bitter and a 250ml glass of wine came to over £10. It kept us reasonably sober though I suppose!

Dear Annie L

Thank you for completing the feedback to Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

With regards to your comments to drink prices, certainly we are competitive to local similar establishments and we reguraly monitor these in order to remain competitive, but thank you for taking the time to express your opinion on this.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

A very pleasant hotel offering exceptional service, comfortable rooms and excellent food.

Conveniently located a short drive from Robin Hood airport, the welcome was warm and professional. Porterage was not offered but with light luggage hardly necessary for me.

The hotel shows high standards of housekeeping in the public areas and every member of staff I met was polite and courteous.

My room was superb - an enormous space with king size bed, crisp white linen, good quality furnishings and a delightful bathroom. A tea tray was provided on the antique desk with all the usual options. A large comfortable sofa sat in the corner and a flat screen TV was mounted on the wall.

There was plenty of hanging space, a laptop safe and iron provided. There was minimal drawer space but shelving was available in the large wardrobe for such use.

The bathroom offered a large roll top bath, good quality toiletries and large, powerful shower. Plenty of thick fluffy towels were provided along with good quality dressing gowns.

Wifi was available in my room, but only just. The signal was not powerful enough to be picked up by my phones or apple laptop, but registered a very low signal on my pc. This allowed me to (very slowly) check my email but more progress could be made if I sat close to the door - the signal is slightly stronger near the corridor. There is no phone signal on the 3 network and a small but usable signal on O2.

This lack of good Internet connection means that corporate VPN access or downloading of films etc is not really suitable, at least from my room. You either need to ask for a room nearer the access point or sit in the lobby to get a decent connection. This problem is easily fixed by installing some network repeaters or extra access points throughout the building.

Dinner was delightful. I opted for a bar snack and thoroughly enjoyed well cooked fish and fresh vegetables accompanied by exceptional service from a friendly bar tender.

I also tried the Caesar salad which was beautifully presented, fresh and crisp and must rank amongst the top 3 Caesars I have tried across the world.

Breakfast was superb. All the usual fruit, juice, pastry and cereal options, along with toast and cooked items made fresh to order.

You get a pleasant welcome, genuine smile and are well looked after by the young breakfast supervisor who will go we'll out of his way to ensure you have everything you need. He really is a credit to the hotel.

Toast swiftly follows along with fresh coffee or tea. The cooked breakfast is very well done and a great start to a busy day, complete with a genuine large, fat Doncaster pork sausage.

I would not hesitate to return to Mount Pleasant and hope to do so later this year. This hotel is a great example of quality rooms, quality food and quality staffing.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear HamptonYZs

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

First of all just want to say we are normal working class couple 23yrs old ,We stayed in the sanctuary suite!
1st i want to say this rooms is bloody amazing!! the bathroom is outstanding and the bed is so comfy the best night sleep iv ever had!!!!
also my boyfriend treated me to a visit to the spa! I had a trio of treats which consisted of facial back massage and manicure for just £45!!!! SUCH GOOD VALUE!! and it was the best back massage iv ever had! Thanks Beth!
upon return to the room my boyfriend ordered a bottle of champagne, which he actually charged wrong and on the way down for our evening meal the member of staff found us to return the money! couldn't be more honest as this could of been easy enough to pocket!
The bar has the cheapest cocktails ever, being from Manchester we are used to paying up to £10 for a cocktail and the cocktails at the bar for £3 to £7 were just as good!
Last but not least the food! Beautiful and prefect for the money! Not michalin star but close for half the price! And the staff Soooooo polite and asertive! Lets just say we had a 3course meal and 3 drinks and a coffee for £86 (most expensive stake is include in that price)
Breakfast also great!
I know iv gone on a bit but can not explain how good this hotel is iv had the best weekend!! And to all the bad reviews..... Talking CRAP!!!and so what if one bar man can not make a cocktail there are 3 others that can, you just need to wait 1minute and they will bring it to your table! Don't expect more than what your paying for!
All staff that we encountered were fantaistc
can not wait to return!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Bexdave 13

Thank you for submitting such a thorough review of all the facilities here at the hotel I can certainly see that you had a fantastic time and enjoyed all aspects including the cocktails!

South Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is my 5th stay at The Mount Pleasant and yet again had a wonderful time, the staff and service were excellent as usual. The food is always fabulous. I will be back at the end of the year for the pyjama party which is always good fun!

Dear kittenSouthYorkshire

I am certainly very pleased that you keep coming back to stay with us and hope that you will continue to do so.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed Sat 1st March DBB deal, hotel 4 miles form racecourse £7 in taxi. Well appointed hotel, where staff were all attentive and well trained.
Rooms very very large, modern with a good bed and fantstic shower room,although a wedding was on there was no disruption or noise.
Dinner was excellent and have paid a lot more for a lot less quality, it was tasty and well cooked in all parts. The staff were again well trained and it makes a difference to be served in this way compared to a lot ofget them in get them out establishments.
Breakfast was equally as good and the reception staff dealt very well with my query on checking out.

A nice lloking hotel in large grounds we would use it again.

Paul Daly

Room Tip: Good Chioce for Racing Goers if you want to be out of the Town
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Paul D

I was very pleased to read your feedback and read that you had such a wonderful stay, great food and service, I shall certainly pass your comments through to all members of the team here at the hotel.

I do hope that you managed to win at the races!

BEST WESTERN PREMIER Mount Pleasant Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Mount Pleasant Hotel? Share your experiences!