“"What a Wild place for all" Amazing better than Excellent !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 22 Attractions in Doncaster
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Outdoors
Barnsley, United Kingdom
49 attraction reviews
“"What a Wild place for all" Amazing better than Excellent !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Where do you start to describe the park,the range of animals is amazing and they all look well settled in the environment that as been made for them.The day we visited was a cold but sunny day and ideal for taking photos because most of the animals were sitting or standig taking in all the sun rays, the lemurs in particular.You can spend a full day even in winter just casually walking around, all the paths are good but boots or wellys are required due to animal droppings in the various enclosures,but this is being cleaned up most of the time (by a good workforce) during the day.The cafe i think could be inadequate in summer when the park as a lot of visitors possible queues,but, just take a picnic and use the lovely picnic area and just like the rest of the park it is great.The park is a credit to South Yorkshire and all the worforce that work there plus the park creators and animal rescuers,thanks for a great day to all. Forgot to say nice shop.

• Polish first
Yorkshire
“A fantastic park with the animals coming first, not profits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am a cynic and find it easier to be critical than positive, so this review is a first! I live 5 miles away from this place and have always scoffed about what was a petting farm being a world class animal park now.
Our whole family went yesterday and I cannot fault the place, from the knowledge of the staff to the massive space for the animals. You don't have to buy food from the park as you can take your own packed lunch in, so no rip-off prices. I've quizzed my kids today about what the rangers told them, and not only could they answer but they were as passionate as the rangers!
I will be getting a season ticket in the spring its almost too good to be true, and its been on my doorstep for a few years!

Epworth
3 attraction reviews
“I'll be back......soon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This wildlife park is only 15 miles from where I live and I've only just summoned up the energy to go. I wish I hadn't waited so long, it's excellent.
Jusy on the edge of Doncaster, near to the airport this is a fantastic place for all generations and you could easily fill a full day here. The range of animals is absolutely amazing with more to come as part of the expansion programme. Best £10 I've spent in ages and I would seriously recommend it to anyone and everyone. BTW - If you are a keen photographer there are plenty of opportunities to get close to the animals for some great pictures.
Go, you'll love it!

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Went to Wildlife Park and it was better that we were expecting! There was a lot more animals that we thought there would be! It was a great day out for whole of my family. Would recommend it to every one.

Visited December 2012
nottingham
9 attraction reviews
“Great day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went to yorkshire Wildlife park today expecting a few animals but were we surprised .
The first thing we heard when entering the park was the roar of the lions all 12 of them some were mating others were just chilling out in the spacious Lion Country well done it was so nice to see lions enjoying the space and not paceing up and down like some zoos.
Theres tigers but they were sleeping but the leopard didnt look too happy, it was so nice to walk into the wallaby walkabout and the Lemur woods to get close to the animals .
The children looked happy in the play areas .
We will happily return to the wildlife park which we found very reasonably priced you need the day to look at all of the park i can see it getting very busy in the summer , Well done to all of the staff who are very helpful and dont mind answering any questions you have.
Theres lots more animals coming soon so we look forward to our return visit