“Nice hotel, food and staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Bray, Ireland
“Nice hotel, food and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We are just back from murder mystery night, and the hotel was lovely and clean, bathrooms are great love the wetroom, and I staff really helpful. I had emailed to ask did they have a certain drink in the bar for the night, they didn't but said they would get it in for me, Which they did and am very grateful for this nice touch. The evening meal was nice, the fruit salad delicious and loads of it and the breakfast had load of choice and good. There was 92 people at the murder mystery and the hotel was not noisey after hours etc, so thanks for good night

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ClareTids, Deputy General Manager at Ramada Encore Doncaster, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear deirdre1,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here with us. I am pleased to here that you enjoyed the Murder Mystery Event that we held here.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back through our doors in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

A yurt in Siberia would have been better

I was going to rant on but will keep it short.

Staff – Very helpful and friendly, if you can find one. Massive manpower issues
Cleaners – Atrocious. Poor English, rude and appalling cleaning. I stayed several weeks and had to clean hair out of the shower each time I checked back in on Sundays, bins weren’t empties, very low standards. Chewing gum on windows, biscuits and fruit on floor!
Beds - Massively uncomfortable
Issues – Blocked drains, broken lights, door cards constantly breaking

In short, bring a tent. It is one of the worst hotels EVER. It is an airport hotel I guess, but even so sleep in your car!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...seriously
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear 971STU

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 01302 718520.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed late September 2013 with my partner as were flying at 4am the next morning.
If you need a hotel to stay before a flight, this is a good shout. No aeroplane noise was heard as we slept, despite us facing the airport.
Rooms were modern and clean, free tea and coffee with a TV.
Desk service was very good. My partner requested extra pillows and also honey as she had a cold, and both were delivered straight to the room.
One minor issue was the restaurant, quite expensive, but they have no competition so hey, why not? Bar staff were friendly though and the food was alright, nothing amazing though. Overall, a good hotel at a good price if you need to fly early in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Richard S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here with us at the Ramada Encore Doncaster. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back through our doors in the future.

Driffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed 1 night before flying off to Spain. Quick check in impressed at first until I asked if I could reserve a table in the restaurant for dinner. The reply from the receptionist was "we can sort that when you come down". She actually seemed more concerned with the man behind us who wanted to check in. I then asked if I could arrange an early morning call - again the reply was "we can sort that later". We went down for dinner at around 7pm and I must say the restaurant was not busy. We only ordered a starter to share and a main course to share which the waiter didn't seem to have a problem with, assuring we could have two plates etc. Starter was really nice, however was slightly spoilt by the fact that the main course arrived before anyone had bothered to clear away the starter. The waitress (aforesaid receptionist) brought it and asked if we were ready for our main course. When I suggested it might be a good idea to clear away the starter first she tutted, strutted towards the kitchen with our steak and returned to clear away our plates. Our main course arrived and we attempted to eat the steak. After providing us with normal knives I asked the waitress for steak knives. Again without a smile or an apology she brought only one, at which point I asked for another knife as there was obviously two people eating. Again she tutted and reluctantly provided another knife. At this point we actually asked her if she had an issue and, after looking at some people at another table (obviously feeling she had done nothing wrong and looking for some kind of support) said "no" then strutted off to the kitchen or wherever rude waitresses go to hide! We then told the manager (or who we assume was the manager) and all he said was he apologised and it was unusual for the member of staff concerned to receive a complaint.

Next morning was a completely different story, nice receptionist asking if we had enjoyed our stay, offered us a drink while we were waiting for our taxi.

Then the parting insult was when we arrived back in the UK to collect the car the same man who said it was unusual for the member of staff to receive a complaint provided me with the security code to exit the carpark and just stared at me and did not even say "have a safe onward journey". I gave stayed at many airport hotels and believe this is standard procedure. May not be heartfelt, but it is the same as MacDonalds says "have a nice day now". It is good for customer relations.

Anyway, the upshot is I will stay at this hotel again as it is very convenient for early morning Doncaster flights, but I will not give one penny to the bar or restaurant as they are rude and uninviting.

We stayed at this hotel last October and had excellent service but I must this year the experience was not good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Trixie13nob,

Thank you for reviewing your stay here with us, having read your review I would greatly appreciate it if you were able to contact me via email at dgm@encoredoncaster.co.uk or alternatively you can call the hotel on 01302 718520. As I would like to discuss the service that you received further, I would like to express our deepest apologies for the customer service that you received. Here at the Ramada Encore Doncaster we strive to offer excellent customer service and when I hear of an experience like the one that you received it is something that we take very seriously.

Silverstone, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Just stayed here 1 night on business. A quick and cheerful reception and I went for the executive suite. It was about £20/night more and should have had bathrobe (noose), slippers (nope) and free wifi. Wifi is only available in the lounge. I was in room 316, facing away from the airport but there is a drain down pipe which drips noisily every second and you can hear it. Plus very poor O2 reception and to top it no batteries for the remote control. As I arrived about 20:00, then went down to get something to eat (nice steaks), by the time I found out about the remote it was after 21:00 and I thought I'd leave it.
But, the bathroom really stunk of sewerage and it wasn't due to me but I suspect a problem with the bathroom fan that seemed damaged but Always on. Even with the bathroom door shut the room still smelt and I couldn't use it, especially didn't fancy a shower or brush my teeth in there.
So at 3:30, I'd had enough and decided I felt too queazy to stay so packed and at 4am left. The reception gentleman was very apologetic and confirmed about the dripping noise being down to the design of the hotel, offered to check if another room was available but by this time I just wanted to leave and get my head down in the car for an hour.
Would I return / recommend, def not.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else. Get a room on the airport side and away from drain down pipes. Non-airport side...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ClareTids, Deputy General Manager at Ramada Encore Doncaster, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Bobz42,

Spalding
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just Ideal, for the airport, did there 10 night package, for room and parking, and just walked over to the terminal in the morning, Rooms was very clean and quiet no airport noise, drinks from the bar was overpriced as is drinks in these sort of establishments, never eat there but lots of people was, also very popular for the races at Doncaster, Staff we found very obliging,
Would return, and love Robin Hood Doncaster Airport, just so stress free.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear trodyl,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us.

I'm so pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay with us and very much appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are very proud of our hard working team and we continue to look for new ways to improve our service for our guests. We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Modern and comfortable with efficient service. We live less than half an hours drive from Doncaster Airport but when we have an early morning flight our friends drop us off here and this is the start of our holiday. So convenient for the airport all you do is walk across and this takes between 5 and 10 minutes. Our rooms have always been spotlessly clean with tea/coffee making facilities, TV with pay for movies on demand and a modern wet room for taking a shower. Can't comment on the food as we have never eaten here but the menu sounds fine and the restaurant area looks pleasant. The bar area is very spacious and relaxing and on a warm summers evening there is seated area outside where you can watch the planes and get excited about your "almost here" holiday. Can't fault the Ramada Encore of its staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear textio,

Thank you for taking the time to review for recent stay here with at the Ramada Encore Doncaster.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here with us and we look forward to welcoming you back through our doors in the future.

Deputy General manager

Been to Ramada Encore Doncaster? Share your experiences!