“Not quite as advertised...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster

You added Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster to your Saves list
Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Decoy Bank South | White Rose Way, Doncaster DN4 5PD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
“Not quite as advertised...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

If you compare the features promised at http://www.parkinn.co.uk/hotel-doncaster you might not be very happy.

"Free high-speed, wireless Internet is provided throughout the hotel."
-> I could not even watch a low-quality Youtube video over this high-speed WiFi! It is really slow.

"Guests are within a five-minute walk to Keepmoat Stadium and The Dome and within easy access to more than a dozen local golf courses."
-> Wrong! It takes at least 20 minutes to walk to "The Dome" and there is no way to get over the roundabout by foot for at least the recent 4 months.

Another personal experience: The TV remote control did not work and I asked at the reception about it. They gave me new batteries that did not fit in the device. Then I brought the remote control to the reception desk and asked if they could fix it and bring it back to the room and checking if it works. The device was back in the room but it still did not work and nobody talked to me about that.

I would not recommend this hotel anymore.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Darren P, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Martin, Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster recently on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear of your concerns raised, I have spoken to our Reservations Desk regarding the batteries for the remote control and again I would like to apologise for this occuring. As the Hotel Sales Manager I really appreciate any feedback good or bad from residents, as if we have not met your level of expectation we can raise this in our daily Commercial Meetings and make sure that this does not happen again. May I take this opportunity to thank you once again for your comments raised.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My son, grandson and myself have just had a lovely weekend in the Park Inn, still here at the moment.. Everything you need in your room is here. Beds and bedding very clean, bathroom nice and light decor, Staff are smart and friendly.
Bar and lounge very nicely decorated, we have only had the breakfasts as visiting family, very good assortment of buffet cooked or cold ham and chicken.
No complaints at all. Much better and cheaper than the Travelodge we stayed in nearby earlier this year, where you are confined to your room as no lounge or food cafe available except something the man on the desk could put in the microwave.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the road building work going on here it is a nice place to stay and nearby Edd...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Darren P, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
I would just like to thank you for your very positive review of Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster.
It is so nice to hear that you all enjoyed your stay at the hotel recently & I really hope that you will choose to stay with us again upon your next visit to Doncaster. I am really delighted to hear that you had very nice comments about our staff & I am really pleased that you had very positive comments on our hotel bedrooms. I know that our Housekeepers pride themselves on their work at the hotel & I shall convey your review to them. May I thank you once again & I hope that you have a great Christmas.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is somewhere that you stay because you have to. It is not somewhere to take your partner for a break and not somewhere that you would choose for comfort. It is what it is - somewhere to rest your head when in town on business. Clean basic and fairly friendly. Rooms not bad and with free wifi. Food is nothing special but acceptable, bar and restaurant combined - plastic chairs and small tv on the wall - very lack lustre and unimaginative decor complete with plastic plants. Let's be honest, it's not the ritz but I have stayed in a lot worse. It's clean and VFM so if it's what you need and not what you want, then it will be an ok place to stay on your business trip. But would you want to return? Probably not!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your recent review of Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not to your expectations, however I would like to offer you a discounted room upon your next visit to Doncaster, please contact myself at the hotel and I shall arrange this for you. I was pleased that you thought that the bedrooms were value for money. I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future.
Somerset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times now, when visiting Doncaster on business. It suits my needs, namely, easy access to the motorways, somewhere to eat nearby.
The room I had was the usual spacious size that most Park Inns have with a good working environment to catch up on work.
I visited the Beefeater over the road for my evening meal but had breakfast at the hotel - wasn't too impressed with the sausages and the rest of the cooked food was a little dried out through hanging around.
In close proximity to this location there are 4 hotels, all from major brands (Premier Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Travelodge and Park Inn). I have stayed at the Premier Inn and Park Inn on several occasions and there is little between them. I have not stayed at the other 2 but intend to on future trips

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for your recent review of Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster. I am really pleased that you thought that our bedrooms were spacious, I do believe that the Park Inn by Radisson have one of the biggest bedrooms in Doncaster. I hope that you will decide to stay with us upon your next visit to Doncaster.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I would not stay there again,there must be better hotels than this in the Doncaster area the bar did not even have a brandy glass or any tonic water !! what sort of bar is that ? the service at the bar was total rubbish,the evening meal was awful also the way the food was served was awful I would have to be paid to stay at this hotel for a second time

Room Tip: The hotel is in the middle of a business center,no where to go in the evening,food is not up to mutc...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for your recent review of Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster. I am very sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations & I am genuinely very sorry that your stay was not up to our usual standard. I really appreciate reviews whether they are positive or negative, and I have discussed your comments about the bar to our Food & Beverage Supervisor to make sure that this does not happen again. Thank you once again.
Stonehouse, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel as part of a coach party. We were therefor 4 days and yes I must agree with a lot of the people n here the hotel is badly situated and with all the road works going n not the best place to stay. But .........my stay was made all the better by the good food we received and the excellent service from the staff members especially a young gentleman called craig. After chatting to him for a while I found out he had only been working at the hotel for a few days which I thought was brilliant he really made me and my friends feel welcome. All you need to do now is hire a few more Craig's and the hotel will be absolutely amazing please can you pass on thanks to him I really appreciated everything he did to make my stay with you all that more extra special.

Room Tip: Become friendly with the gentleman called craig he will make your stay extra special
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Good afternoon Ruth,

May I take the opportunity to thank you for your very kind email regarding your recent stay at The Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster. I have spoken to Craig our Restaurant Team Leader and like me he was delighted that you had very kindly taken the time to congratulate not only Craig, but also the chef's & other staff members who made your stay at the hotel most enjoyable.

I have also spoken to Craig and others members of the staff and like me they are very pleased that you took the time to let us know your very positive comments.

May I thank you once again for your feedback & I look forward to welcoming you once again at the Park Inn Doncaster.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here one night, First room was right above smoking area on 1st floor so i went to reception and changed that to one at the end of the building. The hotel was VERY clean and tidy and the staff were excellent.
Huge draw back is a tiny lounge. As there was a wedding reception on there was NO chance of a drink as the guests for the wedding filled it up. Could still hear the music even after a room change but it finished at 11pm.
Tip.... Just check there is no functions on before you book as i wouldnt want to be in a ground floor room near that. Also, if you want a nice view forget it!

Room Tip: High floor away from the function room room 105 is right above smoking area and bottle bank so give...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your recent review for the Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster. I was sorry to hear that your stay was not up to our usual standards & once again I am sorry that the wedding party interupted your stay. I am pleased that you mentioned how clean the hotel was, and I am also pleased that you recognised how fantastic our staff are at the hotel. Thank you once again.

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster? Share your experiences!