“Lovely food but slow service!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely food but slow service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Visited here last night to use a free steak voucher which was about to expire. There were 3 of us. On arrival we decided to buy our drinks first before being seated. There was only one person serving on the bar which wasn't a good start as we had to wait 10 minutes to be served. We then walked over to restaurant area to wait to be seated as I had booked a table for 8pm! After waiting another 10 minutes to be seated we ordered our food. After waiting another 45 minutes our food finally arrived. Having been to this type of restaurant before it seems like the company try to cut a few corners by not employing enough staff etc!
My steak more than made up for the waiting though plus the unlimited spicy chips too!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Below average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I tend to use Premier Inns next to Beefeaters because they are generally the better end of the Whitbread stable but this one let me down. The calamari was luke warm, how do manage that when it is deep fried, when my main course was delivered it was with half a dozen chips but this was exasperated when it took 10 minutes to bring the tomato sauce! Then to compound my evening my glass of wine "got lost"! Not impressed since it wasn't very busy!

All in all, average food with below par service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We never ever have a bad meal here. Very important to us is the fact that the chef knows how to cook a steak, if you go anywhere else that is part of a chain it's rare they ever get it right. If you ask for medium here for example you get medium every time. Unlimited refills of chips and soft drinks ensures you leave full without worrying about the cost too, although even with my huge appetite I rarely need to ask for more chips.
The service is superb as well. All the staff who've served us here are always polite, attentive and knowledgeable. The kind of service you get from more up-market type establishments. Nothing is ever a problem. My wife often asks for things that aren't on the menu and the waiter/ess will always happily go and ask the chef if he can do it which so far he's done for us.
Our son had a lovely meal too and even though we expected it to be quite small I would've been happy with the portion he got even if it was for me.
If you like a real ale I doubt you'll be disappointed here either. They had a couple on last time I visited but I opted for a pint of Tribute, it was gorgeous.
We've also tried out the unlimited breakfasts too here, also excellent. Rather than the buffet style you see elsewhere they cook fresh whatever you want at your request however many times you want to re-order. There's also enough free flowing cereal, yoghurt, juices and toast to keep you going too.
In summary, Beefeater Kingswinford is superb value for money. Don't be put off by the fact it is more expensive than other chains, you really do get what you pay for. If you manage to get a 241 voucher online snap it up!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Typically corporate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I went last Wednesday and if you've been to a Beefeater, Harvester, Miller & Carter (and I could go on) before then you know what you are going to get. This may be a good or a bad thing depending on your view. Personally I'm not keen and very rarely visit as I prefer to patronise the independents. When I do go I find the steaks are ok but the lack of "trimmings" makes the plate look a bit empty and unexciting. Side dishes are available but are over priced and unimaginative.
Despite my "downer" on the food I've always found the staff to be very pleasant and the decor and atmosphere not bad at all.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“A cut above the rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

First time we have used a beefeater the service and quality of the food made it stand out from the run of the mill food chains. The floor team were excellent and really looked after you from the minute you walked in. Both steaks were cooked exactly as requested lovely presentation crispy chips and fluffy jacket potato with lovely fresh salad would recommend again and again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere