“paul and cath” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dudley, United Kingdom
“paul and cath”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

great food and drink very reasonable with the prices and something for all to eat.
Going again to night hope there is some game on the menu but if not will not be disappointed
with our meal. Always leave a space for a pud. Go regular to this pub but only recently started
having food cant fault it either the restaurant or down stairs in the bar. A warm welcome to everyone who goes there.

• Visited October 2013

Redditch, United Kingdom
“A bostin pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

A group of 10 of us ate here yesterday. What a refreshing change from the usual restaurant chains. We ate in the Granary Loft. There was an excellent choice of dishes, including several Blackcountry ones. I started with black pudding fritters and they were superb. I then had a very tasty chicken dish. Several dishes of vegetables were put on the table for us to share, and they were all fresh, and included broccoli, parsnips, chips, dauphinoise pototoes, and carrots. For my next course I chose break and butter pudding with custard. Very yummy. Everyone in our party thoroughly enjoyed their food, and I have already decided what I will eat next time - faggotts! The bill was a pleasant suprise. £170.80 for ten of us, and that included several bottles of wine, and pints of lager and cider!
The pub is a real gem. An old fashioned Victorian pub typical of the Blackcountry a centuary ago.
Don't go expecting 'fine dining'. What this place offers is much better than that. You get old fashioned honest food, and plenty of it. I can't praise it enough!

• Visited November 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“A rare time warp pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Only nipped in for a pint as I was in the area, had never been. What a place! The pub is multi room with a unique glass ceiling bar and a cosy main room featuring a roaring range fire. I didn't have any food but the home brewed Old Swan Entire was impeccable! Put it on your list of pubs to visit - simply unique!

Kidderminster
“Old Fashioned Pub with Superb Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We recently went to this pub with friends for a Saturday night meal out. This is the fourth time we have been and was the best yet. Wonderful food and very reasonable drinks prices. My friend and I shared a bottle of house white wine and at £8.45, didn't break the bank and gave more expensive wines a run for their money. For four main courses, the wine and four other alcoholic drinks the bill was just over £63.00.
The food was amazing. Unfortunately we had no room for a pud - better luck next time!
This place is a gem not to be missed.

• Visited October 2013
Halesowen, United Kingdom
“Ma Pardoe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Have been drinking at this pub for many years but this was the first time I've been upstairs to the restruarnt . What a pleasant Shock........ Food served hot and quick ,I had a nice tender steak with proper chips , friend had proper faggots ,mash and mushy peas.This coupled with a few pints made a great night even better. Price for all the food/wine/drink was brilliant. Well worth regular visits.... Booking a must

• Visited September 2013