We stayed for 2 nights with meal included on the first night and breakfast both mornings.
We found the room to be nicely furnished and modern.
The food included with the booking whilst on a limited menu had a good choice and tasted lovely. The staff serving were cheery and polite and gave us some advice and information on the local area.
On our first night around 1:00 am some guests were being extremely loud and constantly
banging doors and we phoned through to reception to inform them of this. We were informed by a member of staff, we believe to be Nitten, who said he would deal with it straight away. We heard him in the corridor and spoke with him to inform him that if the same guests were staying the second night we would like to be moved rooms to which Nitten replied that he would note this on the system and apologised for the situation. Once Nitten had spoken with the guests the matter was resolved.
The next morning we went down to reception and spoke with Carl to inform him of lack of sleep the following night and to check if the guests were staying a further night.
Carl confirmed that the guests had checked out but that there was a note on the system as to the following night's problems. He said that as an apology for the inconvenience we were being upgraded to a room at the very top, back part of the new extension to an Upper Deck room. We were delighted as we merely expected to be moved to a room a few floors up.
The Upper Deck rooms are wonderful with super king size beds, toiletries and starbucks sachets, the best night's sleep we had in ages.
The hotel itself is based in a good area, Birmingham town centre is a car/train ride away and there is a shopping centre a few miles up the road and also a zoo. There is within a 5 minute walk a cinema and a few food places and a large Tesco.
Overall the staff actually seemed to care about their guests which is a rareity these days, we have stayed there before and would definitely go back - but would stay in an Upper Deck room - highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Urban Resort Birmingham Dudley is situated on the A461, near to Dudley Centre and close to lots of attractions. The children will love the animals at Dudley Zoo. Everyone will enjoy a trip to the massive new Bullring Shopping Mall in the centre of Birmingham. You can also enjoy a stroll along Birmingham's canals and walkways, or visit the world renowned Ironbridge Living Museum. Within a short distance the unique Half Penny Green Vineyard is open to visitors. Village Urban Resort Birmingham Dudley has 124 stylish bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, an Urban Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, 25 metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Village Urban Resort Birmingham Dudley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Dudley
- Village Urban Resort Birmingham Dudley United Kingdom