“Charming and quirky pub/restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Charming and quirky pub/restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Visited the Crooked House for dinner on a Saturday evening with 3 friends. Had to book a table in advance as it gets very busy. The place is charming and really quirky with it's leaning walls and doors. Good atmosphere in the restaurant, and staff were friendly and helpful with recommending dishes. The menu is a good balance between being sophisticated but also having a Black Country influence. Good range of wines and beers too. Between us we had the scratchings to start (not overly greasy like some you can get), the duck, steak ale and stilton pie, and celebration of cod. Not one complaint - all great dishes, tasty and good portions. We had a couple of drinks in the bar next to the restaurant afterwards. Overall, one of the best places to eat in the area.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“worst place we have ever been”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

we went here 3 years ago i had the fish no fish just batter my husband had a steak could not cut it i had a bottle of rose vine echo falls it was warm and £15 a bottle you can buy it for £3.99 my husband had a pint of beer he could not drink hence we have not been back having reed the new reviews we might give it another go.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
“Classy restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. My boyfriend took me for my 21st we were in a party of 6 the table was booked and we waited a hr for orders to be took usually I would be angry at this however we were offered free drinks and free dessert as a way of saying sorry the food is of a class you can't find anywhere else local. The atmosphere is romantic. The food is worth the wait as is all made specially. We went on seafood specials and it was lovely. I love that the menu changes seasonally so you may never get the same thing which I love as I'm adventurous. Really lovely place

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Very impressed! Quirky little gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Fabulous place to eat. Went for lunch a few weeks ago. The food and service were both excellent and quite honestly a very pleasant surprise. I ate at this restaurant about 3 or 4 years ago, which was nice then, but it has really improved. The menu oozes black country charm and I would go as far as saying the food is as good as that at any celebrity chef restaurant and presented beautifully. The pub has a fantastic history. Check out the website. Definitely intend to go back some time soon!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
worcestersire
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I loved the craziness of the place. If you go, do the coin trick! The food is fabuolous and service great.