The situation I found myself in when I stayed here was similar to that of a couple experiencing an unplanned pregnancy - A period of total panic and stress, followed by sheer joy. I only ended up staying in this hotel after being overbooked by the Travelodge (who arranged this stay as an alternative) and, to be quite honest, i'm glad I ended up here. I was in room 11 and it seems small at first glance, but it's comfortable and has everything you need. Bathroom was small but perfectly planned and the overall decor was much nicer than I expected from somewhere with an available room on a Saturday night. My only gripe would be breakfast - the service was lovely, the bar is beautiful (perhaps the 40s decor and Dambuster celebration bunting skewed my opinion somewhat, because i'm a sucker for vintage style!) but the full english was a little mediocre. Nothing worth complaining about just not the best i've ever had.
Highly recommended especially for longer stays - i'd have loved to stay another night! My only recommendation would be to either research transport options or reserve a space in advance as parking isn't great.
- Also Known As:
- Penny Street Bridge Hotel Lancaster
- Penny Street Bridge Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Penny Street Bridge offers a contemporary blend of bar, food and rooms in the historical university city of Lancaster. Fine wines, beers of the world and Thwaites cask ales complement the best of local produce and seasonal ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Penny Street Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.