“Awful. Worst hotel I can remember. A park bench would be better.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Greaves Hotel

Greaves Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
Greaves Hotel
You added Greaves Hotel to your Saves list
Greaves Rd, Lancaster LA1 4UW, England   |
Ranked #19 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
“Awful. Worst hotel I can remember. A park bench would be better.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Total crap. Unfriendly staff "we're too busy to cook you an egg" there were three people having breakfast. A couple came down at 08:31 "sorry breakast finishes at 08:30"
Noisy rooms
Plumbing doesn't work. No bedside light or lightswitch. Broken fittings. Noisy dirty dogs live in hotel. Awful bar, cant even but a soft drink after 11:00 exactly. Rubbish breakfast. Best to go anywhere but here.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Derbyshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We didn't start our visit to the Greaves Hotel well; when we arrived the large screen T.V. was on in the Reception/Bar area and was extremely loud. So loud I couldn't hear the bar man. We gave our name etc and the first thing he asked for was the balance of the payment due. That surprised me; I've never had that happen before in many years of hotel visits. I'm not sure who the other couple were at the bar; I assumed they were the joint managers. We were told breakfast would be between 7/8.30. I was surprised it was so early and the comment was "we don't cater for holiday makers only business people who want an early start to get to work." Evening meals were not available (staff problems?). The bedroom was o.k. - very clean towels and bedding but no Sky T.V. or telephone and obviously ready for an update. The shower/bathroom was very small - just adequate.
The booking form didn't state that the hotel was on the A6 and if you were a light sleeper the traffic noise would certainly keep you awake. However, it was easy to get into Lancaster.
The full English breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice although I would have preferred brown bread/toast!

Room Tip: We were in room 2; can't comment on others.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Having stayed here on a buisness trip this hotel was a second choice as could not find any other hotels to match our budget for our dates.
Positives:??Management friendly, adequate-good breakfast .Fresh towels daily.
Negatives : Hotel falling apart :- very shabby, lock hanging off bedroom door, decore untouched for 30 years , tiles falling off bathroom (dangerous)!
Cleaning ?? I think the cleaner must be blind, as found a used Condom in my bed , not impressed.bathroom floor colapsing under foot.
Need a lot of money and attention spending on it .
Disappointed generally !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Loughborough
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our room (number 2) was shabby to say the least. Looks like nothing had been touched for about 30 years. Trouser press out of order. Holes in the wall where fittings had been removed, dingy and depressing. The carpet was probably once beige but is now a very grubby grey, the shower was pretty pathetic but the friendly staff did provide a very generous full English breakfast.
Would never stay there again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Shropshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I really enjoyed my visit to the Greaves Hotel. The landlord and staff are both friendly and welcoming. The location is excellent to get into Lancaster easily. We will definately return when next in Lancaster.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here June 13. The initial call to book was around 7pm and the man I spoke to was a bit grump to say the least. We were going to be perhaps 30 min late for check in and at first that was a major issue for him. However, when we got there a lovely lady booked us in, no issues and showed us to our room. The room, a twin as it was the last one and we were desperate, was okay, basic but clean and it had a decent hot shower at least. Keys were provided for the evening as we were heading out and we had a good restful nights sleep. Quiet part of the hotel. The next morning, breakfast was provided and it was a full english or a choice of what you wanted. The breakfast was amazing. Far too much for me but hot and tasty. This was included in the price. Amazing as the only other available hotels were in the £70 region without breakfast. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The back annex was very quiet but I expect the rooms that were taken first were probably of a better...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the greaves for a month, while I was transitioning from millitary to civillian life, I had a very pleasant experience, the staff are really friendly and make you feel wellcome , the breakfasts set you up forr the day ahead, it is located a very short walk from lancaster center, the hotel may be old and need some work done but I think overall the management and staff do the best with what they have, made some great friends and will return

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Greaves Hotel? Share your experiences!