“Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Greaves Hotel

Greaves Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
Greaves Hotel
You added Greaves Hotel to your Saves list
Greaves Rd, Lancaster LA1 4UW, England   |
Ranked #19 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and found it good value for money. The room we stopped in was very spacious, nicely decorated with matching furniture and very clean. On-suite was quite roomy compared to some and well lit with a window in the sloping roof. Had to ask at reception for the remote which I think had been an oversight. Staff were very friendly and helpful, could maybe dress smarter throughout the day. Breakfast was good value, cereal, toast and full English with tea, coffee and orange juice.
Due to the building being old, it was like a rabbit warren getting to our rooms at the back (down and upstairs and corridors) of the hotel, which was in our favour as it put us further away from the main road. As the building is old, there are a few issues with cracks and damp patches, but it was all clean.
Plenty of parking and only a short walk into Lancaster.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently and I've never been so appalled in all my life. Arrived at the hotel to what I can only describe as a mad house, kids running around screaming and crying the place down, which I later discovered where the managements family, couldn't check into my room straight away as the card payment machine was not working. The manager was very unhelpful and had very bad personal hygiene. The room was very dated, bed was uncomfortable, didn't get much sleep as the managements family was making a racket and we could their personal arguments, managers wife walking round in the main part of the hotel in her pajamas also had very bad hygiene. Didn't stay for the breakfast as the wait was unbearable, when I left I felt like I needed a bath, very un-hygienic place to stay , wouldn't mind but we stayed here over 2 years ago and our stay then was pleasant and peaceful. I'd say the new management has run this hotel into the ground.

• Stayed March 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Perfect location for the city of Lancaster. Made most welcome, mine host and the staff were really friendly. Room was spotlessly clean, but in need of decoration in the bathroom hot water trickled out of the tap into the basin which the plug did not fit, washing was very difficult.
Cooked breakfast was good. The hotel was shabby and certainly in need of refurbishment. Would stay again on a one night basis.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms 1 - 3
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune of staying in. Where to Start.......the rooms; adequate is an understatement, no wifi, tiny TVs that you need a pair of binoculars to see, however my view was fantastic.....a brick wall!! The staff........they all seem to live there and use the hotel as their own bar/crèche/living room! From children under two In the bar after ten pm to untrained cooks serving up reheated fried food! The decor...... It felt as if we had stepped back in time and wondered into a nineteen seventies working mans club...the place needs a good scrub and fumigating!! The customers (both of them) literally walked off the Jeremy Kyle show! I could go on for hours on how bad this place is but would rather blank the whole affair from my memory banks! I know people say never say never but......I will never step foot inside the greaves hotel ever again!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cumbria, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed here last night in room 2 at the back . The welcome was good and I found all the staff really helpful. I booked over the phone and they could not have been more understanding over my checking time problem. The hotel was warm and our room had a good heater. The rooms are a bit dated but it was a good size ensuite and a good size double room. The crisp white bed linen was good and good towels. There was a hospitality tray, good size wardrobe and a good tv. Breakfast this morning was cereals, juice , your own selection from the cooked full range available including black pudding and coffee or tea. The cooked food was fresh , hot and tasty. My husband ate the full works and enjoyed it. I enjoyed my smaller selection. This hotel has a large car park off the road so you feel your car is very safe. We enjoyed a drink there in the evening , the wine was tasty and atmosphere relaxing. For £55 for two this was excellent value.

Room Tip: Room s at the back away from the road at the front
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
oldham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed for the weekend, Staff very friendly, New chef in Place, lovely food, made very welcome and a very comfortable stay, room was very clean and the hotel was very warm. i would recommend this hotel to everyone. Management and staff very nice.

Room Tip: wifi, available.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

On arrival we were greeted in a friendly manner. I had booked and paid for the room over the internet earlier in the year. Since then prices had gone up. This caused great consternation. It should have been handled better than it was. We were happy enough with the room. The lavatory however sounded as if it were a macerator and was thus very noisy. The bed was a bit too hard for my liking. Breakfast went well and was a reasonable quality. Value for money? - Yes it probably was.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Greaves Hotel? Share your experiences!