“A really good night out” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 193 restaurants in Lancaster
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: local family run restaurant. SABAI means relax and enjoy which is our concept. we offer genuine authentic Thai cuisine of the highest quality giving a 'TRUE THAI TASTE' at very affordable prices without compromising on quality. all meals are prepare and cook in individually by owner/chef 'Pha'and co/chef 'Emm' and can be tailored to suit any individuals tastes upon request. our restaurant in fully licensed/ air condition and had a FIVE STAR FOOD HYGIENE RATING. please give us a try at SABAI - talk to the owner/chef and receive a genuine warm welcome. we are situated in the castle conservation area two minutes from Lancaster train station, 50 meters from Lancaster historical castle and 40 meters the Royal King arms hotel.
“A really good night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We came up from Nottingham for a visit to Lancaster, and decided to have a nice meal and a night out. We couldn't have chosen a better place if we had known about it. The service was excellent, the portions generous, and the staff really on the ball!
I understand this is a relatively new place in Lancaster, and by my judgement,it will soon be established as the place to go. Well impressed

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“The curry was great but the phad thai was not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I went here with my partner just over a week ago. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The portions are generous. I ordered the duck red curry and that was very nice. My partner ordered the phad thai and it tatsed more like a sweet and sour noodle dish than a phad thai and he didnt enjoy it. If we were rating it just on my meal it would have been great but I tried the phad thai myself and it wasnt good. The curry though is fantastic and so if you like your thai curry's this is a good place to go.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MORECAMBE LANCASHIRE
“Paradise in lancaster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having decided to go out to our local Thai restaurant,it was closed we did a quick google search and came across sabai,which we decided to go and have a look,we drove past it looked very bright.so we decided to drive around and park at lancaster castle,,parking wardens finish at 6pm!! Anyway once inside we had drinks and starters,which arrived prompt.. Mains chosen were, Thai green curry and chicken and tiger prawn pad Thai.. And also a chicken and egg fried rice.. The bowl of curry was actually overflowing.. And tasted beautiful.. The pad Thai was sweet and delicious,all in all great food and excellent service.. 3 meals and drinks under 40 pounds,well worth a visit..oh and check out the artwork that goes into the salad!! Only thing I would change is the lighting which could be dimmed a little.. 10/10 from me

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
lancaster
“Lovley food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I went here for my birthday last week and
The food was delicious. The staff were very polite and attentive and nothing was too much trouble. I will definatley be eating here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
lancashire england
“absolutely lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I went here tonight it's was fabulous food service great and not expensive , they have a great the menu / variety .... going again soon ,

I went with my son 18 yr old but this would suit all romance, cuuiple, family girlie /lads night

ps.. only down side ... I forgot to take a takeaway menu :(