“Fantastic, atmospheric, great food and sleep” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Stork Inn

The Stork Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
The Stork Inn
You added The Stork Inn to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   Corricks Lane | Conde Green, Lancaster LA2 0AN, England   |
Ranked #7 of 23 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ashford, Kent
“Fantastic, atmospheric, great food and sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed for one night having arrived drenched to bone on a long bike ride. The welcome was fantastic and the room was absolutely wonderful. The pub/B&B had some real atmosphere and I hadd a glorious nights sleep in my huge room and comfortable bed. The food was excellent, well served by great staff and, following a supurb breakfast, I was on my way!! Excellent - thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
SHROPSHIRE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel while visiting Lancaster in May. We found this hotel to be clean, charming, with a great location, the room was well sized with a good view. Breakfasts were very tasty and there was a good choice of fruit, cereals etc to go with the very well cooked breakfast. We ate in the bar a couple of times and the food was very well cooked at a fair price. This hotel is very close to Lancaster but also good for the Coastal walks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Spent an excellent weekend at The Stork. The Inn itself is brilliant, the food... second to none and the staff are really nice people. The owner is very customer orientated and nothing is too much trouble for her. We do NOT easily give this kind of recommendation. Needless to say, we shall be visiting The Stork more often. Cannot speak too highly of the whole experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Morecambe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Stayed for one night and also ate in the restaurant.

The hotel part is OK, rooms quite small but well presented, bathrooms also v small. Lots of little staircases and narrow corridors to navigate.

The letdown was downstairs in the main bar area. It was just tired. The furniture, carpet and lighting wasn't good. We found a small ante-room that we ate in, it was quite pleasant but again felt tired.

Food was also OK. Quite large portions and an unusual South African theme. Very pub food-ish though and there are better pubs in the Lancaster area for food.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Marple Bridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

My wife and I together with other friends have just spent a weekend at The Stork Inn. We found the accomodation to be very good, The bedrooms are well furnished and equipped with good views over the marshes. The breakfasts were excellent and a good selection of evening meals including South African dishes. The staff are pleasant and helpful and nothing is to much trouble for them. The only fault I can find with the Stork is the very narroe and steep staircase to the bedrooms which some elderly people may find difficult. Otherwise a very enjoyable establishment to stay in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Following an unpleasant medical test at Royal Preston we decided to head north and enjoy an
impromptu lunch as a little reward. A visit to Glasson Dock was the outcome. Not a very good idea on a rainy Monday in April as we soon found out. The place was deserted, the Caribou has been turned into flats and the Victoria was locked at five minutes after midday! So we decided to turn around and return to more familiar places nearer to home.
Just outside Glasson is the Stork at Condor Green and for some reason my wife suggested we call in for a drink before heading back to the M6 and home territory.
Now I always say my wife has good taste, and in making this choice she excelled herself. With a cheery welcome from the delightful and very helpful lady behind the bar, to the permanent smile and chatty nature of the east European waitress who served our meal, we felt very much at home in this delightful country pub with menus to die for.
With a delicious pint of Black Sheep and a coke for the driver, we sat down by a roaring fire to choose our meals from an extensive menu. I assume the owners are South African, based on a glance at the selection of meals on offer. Never having sampled SA cuisine before, and in the mood for trying something differant, we both plumped for examples from this section of the menu, following advice and encouragement from the aforementioned lady behind the bar, including a suggestion to my wife to try the smaller version of the dish she chose, so as not to be over faced. Good advice indeed,
My choice was Eisbein, described as tender smoked ham hock, served with orange spiced roast beetroot & onions on a bed of sautéed new potatoes with an orange dressing. Being a gannet, I chose the large portion and was almost over faced by the sheer quantity of meat which arrived on the modern square shaped dish which would pass for a bowl. Very necessary to contain the superbly tasty dressing which accompanied two extremely large slices of ham and beautifully cooked vegetables, making a unigue and exquisite dining experience.
"I think he liked it" I hear you say. Well to tell the truth dear reader, that meal was probably the most tasty I have experienced since a very special meal we enjoyed at my son's wedding in Canada last year, and only cost around a quarter of the price of that one.
As for my wife, she chose Cape Malay Kerrie - slow braised English mutton, apricots & tomatoes  in Cape Malay spices served with yellow rice & sultanas drizzled with syrup, bananas & yoghurt and Mrs Ball’s chutney. The Curry style dish arrived piping hot and in a selection off small ramekins for the diner to mix and swap as desired to take advantage of the various delicious flavours on offer. Needless to say, my request to sample a piece of the meat was refused by a threatened prod from her fork if I even attempted to help myself, and the whole plate was polished off in no time with a very satisfied burp and a promise to return to the Stork to sample other dishes from the unique menu choice just as soon as the opportunity arises.
Having previously got into a bit of a rut in our selection of dining establishments, it really was very pleasant to widen our horizons a little and try something completely new to our jaded palates. The Stork really is a gem of a find and heartily recommended to anyone who also fancies a change from the wealth of italian and Indian establishments which predominate our corner of the country.
Try it - I guarantee you'll like it, and no I don't know the people who own it, but they do get my thanks for turning what could have been a drab and miserable trip, into a very pleasant and extremely tasty meal out, which I have been boring friends about ever since.

• Stayed April 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stay at The Stork often and have always had excellent service.The rooms are clean and comfortable and the food is really tasty and reasonably priced especially the South African options- our particular favourites being the Eisbein and the Cape Malay Kerrie. The bar is well stocked and the Frasers Bay Pinotage is particularly good.
Tracy and her staff are very friendly and always go out of their way to make you feel welcome and attend to your every need- nothing seems to be too much trouble!
We highly recommend The Stork to anyone visiting the area- it feels like our second home!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Stork Inn? Share your experiences!