“Josh's birthday meal” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 199 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Exquisite food, great company and meticulous attention to detail - that's the Quite Simply French experience. Oh... And don't forget the wine. NEVER forget the wine.We're passionate about what we do, about using only the very best ingredients, about creating a relaxed atmosphere and not taking ourselves too seriously.Eating out should be fun - and that's our secret ingredient. It's what gives us that little extra ooh la la.
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Josh's birthday meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

6 of us went for dinner at the restaurant last night taking advantage of the meal deal on a Sunday night. The food and service was excellent. The meal deal is £20 for 2 courses including a bottle of wine per person. Whilst there we were told Quite Simply Food, their sister restaurant had closed. This is bad news because that was also excellent, a great place for lunch. I'd definitely recommend Quite Simply French, on the Quay in Lancaster. Go for a pre dinner drink at the Wagon and Horses pub nearly next door.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Accomplished”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Lancaster has few decent restaurants and SF stands consistently amongst the best in the area.

Excellent service (thank you Rob) and a delicious meal all round. We will not leave it as long before our next visit.

David & caroline.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“One amazing. Second time- never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I have been here once before and thought this place was amazing, beautiful food in a lovely little bistro complimented with the perfect wine. The second time I went for me and my partners anniversary, when we finally got seated (with a pre booked table) we were sat on the smallest table in a corner next to the loudest most cantankerous man I have ever heard. We had a bottle of wine to share which wasn't near as good as the one we have had before with a steak, which wasn't rare and tasted of soap. Having had enough of the loud mouth next to us, we finished as quick as we could and left feeling unloving on our special night and a good £100 out of pocket. Feeling very disappointed and left out so I won't be returning in a hurry.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Distinctly average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Went for a birthday meal and thought it was very disorganised. The waitress seemed nervous and kept knocking cutlery off the table despite our high spirits. Another waitress smashed a glass behind us sending shards flying. It was very noisy and very difficult to talk to the person opposite me over a massive wine cooler on the table, so much so that we actually had to lean sideways to have a conversation. The toilets were poor and when the upstairs toilet ran out of paper I was directed to the disabled loo by an unfriendly kitchen worker, which bizarrely, had a large bicycle parked inside of it. The mushroom risotto was bland and I actually found it difficult to finish it. It also had inedible unidentified chewy things in it which I spat into a napkin. They did make an effort to decorate the table though and the wine was nice. The decor saves this place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Oviedo, Spain
“Good but a bit expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I visited this restaurant several times during the last 8 years and I noticed the quality of the food continuously decreased. The first fish speciality I tried was very good and abundant, but it disappeared some years ago. Anyway, it is still a fancy place and the food is still rather good. The prices however are rather high compared to other places with similar or better food.

• Visited July 2013