“Overpriced Uninspiring food but good friendly service” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“Overpriced Uninspiring food but good friendly service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

The three-course Christmas meal for £19.95 is grossly overpriced for the quality of the food. We had 20% off for eating on a Monday but would still have expected a better meal. The parsnips were absolutely solid so we asked for some cooked ones. The waitress did apologise and brought us another dish full. The sprouts were also very hard and my duck had very little meat on it. However, The service was very good with friendly staff.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Churlish service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Generally I quite like Cafe Rouge - there is a good one in Birmingham for example. My experience here wasn't great though. My wife is a vegetarian and of the 15 main course options just one was a vegetarian one. Come on Cafe Rouge, get real!! No such lack of choice for me though. The service was very slow at a Friday lunchtime. They clearly didn't have enough staff to attend to the hordes who were somehow wedged into the cramped tables. When our order was finally taken we asked for some bread but this didn't appear immediately, as one would have expected. When we pointed this out to our server, who seemed to be the manager, he had the gall to argue with us and say that he was correct in assuming that it should come with the main course. Even if the guy was right - which I don't think he was - it is unforgivable to argue with the customer in this way, if you want them to come back that is. I also noticed that the same server was having a similar spat with the people on the table next to us over a coffee order which had gone astray. On the plus side my food when it finally arrived was actually rather good, although the portion was decidedly meagre. Needless to say I won't be returning to this particular Cafe Rouge in a hurry! For a better French food experience in Leamington Spa, try Le Bistrot Pierre just round the corner.

Visited November 2013
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Atmospheric little part of leamington that would almost think you were in paris.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great service, food good, good price, clean and atmospheric. Went on a wednesday evening, partner has been several times as working in the area, and not a single complaint to make, food cooked to perfection.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Warwickshire
“Service is good & food is excellent.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Visited this cafe rouge a few time now & the food on the new menu is excellent. I've had several things from it & have not been disappointed. All the staff have been very friendly but at busy times we have had to wait a while for some one to attend to us. You can also use tesco vouchers here to reduce the food bill which is a big plus.

Visited August 2013
UK
“Very Good - can't understand the grumbles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We've been here a few times - lunchtimes mainly, but today we called in for breakfast. It was absolutely fine - the food was cooked properly and the ingredients were tasty. It's very reasonably priced, with tea/coffee 'free' with the main meal. I had the standard breakfast which was plenty for me and very tasty. At under a fiver it was brilliant value. The staff were polite and friendly. What more do you want? Thoroughly recommended - a splendid place to eat. The tables are close together (aren't they everywhere nowadays?) but that would be my only isolated gripe.

• Visited October 2013