“Time for Tea” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Café, Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Vintea's tearoom was opened in Park Street, Leamington Spa in May 2012, by Sam & Mary Morris. It is a quintessentially English tea room, providing a large selection of award winning loose leaf teas and coffees, locally baked cakes, scones, breads and paninis, all served on vintage china. Vinteas has a very relaxed informal atmosphere, the Nina Campbell Parakeet wallpaper is an excellent foil for Annie Sloan painted furniture and the 'vintage' music playing gently in the background helps complete the scene. So come for breakfast , brunch, lunch ... Or try one of our popular Afternoon Teas.
Sidmouth
“Time for Tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Met here today with two friends for drinks and light lunch. The list of teas and coffees is extensive. Good food and good service. Will definitely return. Staff friendly, could be a husband and wife team - don't know.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Fab place; great music, ambience, service and food/drinks.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We loved the music that was playing in the background. The waitress was busy but that didn't stop her making the effort to tell us it was a CD by the Puppini sisters. I still play the CD now after finding it.
The service was great and the scones and drinks we had were tasty; served on good/interesting plates and cups. I really like the decor in the place as well; as my friend said, 'it's just like sitting in my Gran's living room.' he meant it as a huge compliment....the whole atmosphere puts you at ease and we drifted off into another, peaceful world with good food and happy thoughts :-)

• Visited December 2012
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Me and two friends went here yesterday! We had a great time and will be going back for sure. We had a sandwich to start and it was lovely! The bread was really fresh! We then had a selection of cakes that were lovely. The great thing is all the cakes are out on show so you can have a look then pick. There were lots of staff around so the customer service was really good. The venue had this amazing wallpaper and all the furniture was so girlie and quirky!Your tea is served to you in vintage china. I would reserve a table if its the weekend as the place was full for the few hours we were there, it was a very popular place.This venue would be perfect for a birthday, hen do or baby shower. Can't wait to introduce the rest of my friends to Vinteas : )

Solihull, United Kingdom
“Best afternoon tea experience I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I would recommend this tea shop to anyone. The food is so delicious and afternoon tea includes three different types of sandwiches, warm mini quiches, homemade scones with clotted cream and jam and a choice of a vast array of homemade cakes, as well as a choice of 40 different teas and coffees of such a high standard that they use the same suppliers as the ritz and raffles. The tea room itself is beautifully decorated, classic vintage just as a tea room should be and traditional bone china cups, saucers and tea pots are used. The service is impeccable, the owners and in fact all members of staff are so warm, friendly and helpful and provide a really personal service. I needed a taxi after my visit and they tried to phone several taxi firms with no luck, so actually went to the trouble of escorting my gran and I to a nearby taxi rank. I have been twice in the space of two weeks and will definitely be returning soon. If only they could open another one in Solihull - that would be great, although the trip into leamington is well worth it for such a wonderful experience.

Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“Don't get a takeaway!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Work in Leamington Spa and so often use different cafes for lunch and takeaway coffees/teas. Tried Vinteas for a chai tea, regular tea and two toasts to takeaway. My boss put the milk supplied in her tea and and lumps bubbled up to the top! When we looked at the dates printed on the milks they ran out of code in January! We are nearly in March!
I rang Vinteas told be told well we don't do takeways very often you see, come back and I will give you some more milk. I explained well we have put the milk in our drinks that's how we initally knew it was off and the reply was come back and I will replace them.

Although a solution was offered it still left me out of pocket and having to leave work again which is not really appropriate to do.

Disappointed