“OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria Park Lodge

You added Victoria Park Lodge to your Saves list
Victoria Park Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Adelaide Rd, Leamington Spa CV31 3PW, England (Formerly Victoria Park Hotel)   |
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Leeds
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

The room was a nice size, the staff were friendly and the breakfast was ok, not one of the best but not one of the worst. It was an ok place to get my head down but that was it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I spent many nights at this family owned hotel between 2005-2008 and enjoyed excelent service every time. Room size varies but all in good condition.
Good location with a walking distance to railway station and a 2 min walk to Victoria Park and town center. Highly recommended

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

The room was clean and the staff were friendly. Was an okay bed and breakfast for one night. Breakfast was ok, serviced very politely. The beds were comfortable but I did notice when i got home that my back was covered in bed bug bites. Not exactly what I wanted for a '4star guest house'

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

First things first--this establishment is not a hotel as it states in its title. It should be called The Victoria Park Bed And Breakfast!!
My wife and I enjoy hotel facilities and not guest houses,. if you like bed and breakfast then its fine,very clean,ok rooms and a breakfast which does the job.
However it should not be allowed to mislead people into it being a hotel.
Free parking is a plus,but the breakfast although served politely and efficiently is in a room which is far too small and not relaxing.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I stayed one night and the Hotel was OK for that. Breakfast was good - nice portions and well cooked. Everyone was very helpful. There is a Bar where you can get a moderately priced drink and tables if you want to order in a takeaway with phone numbers provided in the many leaflets of local take ways. It would suit the Budget traveller as the rooms are not big but the tariff is clearly advertised. There is a Lounge with a TV and chairs and a Breakfast Room. TV in my room was on the wall as the room was small but at least I had a desk which I needed. Bed was comfortable and I slept well.
I was lucky not to be parked in when I left for work as I was on the end of the small car park but had I been in the middle near the doorway I would have been parked in so beware if needing to leave early. It was all ok for one night and on a budget would suit people looking at all the various interesting places around who wanted to be able to get food in and eat it with the convenience of being able to buy a drink to go with it rather than eat out. The pay phone does not work however so you will need a Mobile to ring out. I think this is a really big plus and they gave me a plate etc to eat my takeway on at a nice table by the bar. I thought the actual service of all the staff I met was good.
Some issues with the cleaniiness for me like vacuuming between bed and bedside cabinet and condition of the Duvet cover - they need to bite the bullet and throw away stained cover and replace.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Herts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Hotel was in a great location, had off-street parking and appeared a decent price. Room was a little small (an apology was made upfront for that but rates were not adjusted compared to larger rooms). That said, it was well kitted out and comfortable; considering the size, everything you would need had been included. I settled down for what I thought would be a great nights sleep and I was lucky to get more than 1 hour. There was noise all night from people in the corridors and I could hear the person in the room above me, getting into bed, sneezing and performing their various bathroom activities! I left before breakfast as I was awake pretty much all night so didn't feel inclined to stay any longer. However, leaving was a challenge as my car had been completely blocked in in the car park. After hanging around trying to find someone at receiption, I had to accost someone I noticed exiting the kitchen and then waited a few minutes until the owner of the car could move it. Turned out it was the manager's car! Would certainly not stay here again - stayed so I didn't need to drive home tired after a function the previous day but I would have been much more awake if I'd never booked in!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Bournemouth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

I was given a very small double room despite having booked a family room (large enough for 4 adults) but was not offered a price reduction. There were too few tables for breakfast, which was not terribly good. The staff were uncommunicative.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Victoria Park Lodge? Share your experiences!