“"Excellent Food"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kismet

Kismet
11 Spencer Street | Leamington spa Warwickshire cv31 3ne, Leamington Spa, England
01926 428533
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #68 of 190 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: This is a gem in Leamington Spa. All the locals will visit this Indian restaurant over all others and I am surprised that they are not on here.
ashby
“"Excellent Food"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Both myself and my wife sharon have ventured over the doorstep of numerous indian food establishments and on a weekend visit to the lovely Leamington Spa we came across Kismet.
I did a little investigation by way of tripadvisor prior to choosing this restaurant and was glad i did as the overwhelming feedback was that the food was of a high standard, it was almost certainly the best indian food we have eaten.
Both of our meals were cooked perfectly and were a delight to the tastebuds. We would happily visit Kismet when next visiting the area and look forward to sampling both the owner sean`s undoubted enthusiasm for his food and to indulge in some of the other delights that await us from his menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Works Meal Out-Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We went to the Kismet 21st Feb, unfortunatly this will be the last time. We pre-booked our table for 16 people and on arrival they had only provisioned for 14. After being seated we waited 45minutes before drinks orders we taken, a further 45minutes before our starters were taken. So after being seated at 7:15 it was 9:30 before we actually ate our starters. The starter orders were messed up, there appear little connection between the orders being taken and the food being delivered. Then onto mains: we got mains at 10:30 again these we confused, with a number of the party not recieving the correct orders. This was finally topped off with the bill that arrived which on calculation afterward was over £100 over what was actually due. We all came out saying this will be the last time. In summary, the poorest service we have ever witnessed, and an absolute rip off. If your thinking of going, try and find somewhere else, there are plenty of other good options in the area that do provide honest good service.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
KISMET2010, Owner at Kismet, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Helo to the lovely person tht wrote the report first of all u booked a table for 14 not 16 and then u changed it 16 then u decided to bring in 17people.we wer fully booked we even moved a table of to jus to make an extra space for that extra to persons that came along.as for the food wen the waiter came to take your order half of the table wernt even ready to order and when you did order the food approxametly took half an hour only because it was a large table ov 17..there are plenty ov curry houses out there we are not one of them we are a descent restaurant as for thos who enjoyed the food your more then welcome to come back
northumberland
“CURRY HEAVEN !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have sampled Indian food in some first class restaurants in other parts of the UK, such as elsewhere in the Midlands and also in the North East of England where I live now. In such places, the curry eating public tends to expect the best.

I took my family for a meal at the Kismet on impulse, without any recommendation. It was a gamble that paid off handsomely.

The manager ( Sean ) gave us much more than a friendly welcome to his reataurant. He took the trouble to explain the recipes in great detail and by the time he had finished, expectation levels were high to say the least. He is clearly passionate about the quality ofhis product and the aim to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.

The food was a delight. The starter titillated the palate with a subtle blend of spices and a variety of flavours. My king prawn patia was exactly as it should be, the heat counterbalanced by the sweet and sour - a perfect combination. Without any exaggeration, this was one of the best I have ever tasted.

My only complaint is that ' Kismet ' is over 200 miles from my home in the North East !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Coventry
“Not recommended”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Some may find the manager enthusiastic and charming, others pushy and not lacking on the ego front.

What's not in doubt is he made a mildly inappropriate and unexpected remark to my daughter as we left.

I also have to mention I was pretty poorly the day after our visit. To be fair though the other 2 diners didn't suffer the same fate.

I won't be returning.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
KISMET2010, Owner at Kismet, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I'm sorry but review seems very fake can you please state the date you came into our restaurant???
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“I'm Coming Back Very Soon!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've had takeaway from Kismet before and friends have eaten in, so my girlfriend and I booked a saturday evening trip. We couldn't have made a better decision. The owner/manager/waiter/chef/everyman was fantastic, he is so charismatic and passionate about all of the food they make and threw some extra food in with the meal. The biggest mistake you could make would be to go in, order, eat and leave. You MUST ask more about the food they do, the specials they have - they will go out of their way to make something just for you, spice, taste, meat, anything. We even got a display of flame lit sambuca burning off a curry. All the food is fresh and fantastic, the meat is real and so tender it melts in your mouth. The spice is perfectly tailored; I had such an incredible experience and loved the food so much that I am already planning my second visit, getting a group together and heading down on a weeknight where I'm told the experience is even better! I have been to lots of places in Leamington and I would argue to anyone that this is the best for food quality, overall experience and probably value.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere