“Favorite Indian Restaurant. Definitely.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 200 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“Favorite Indian Restaurant. Definitely.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

First time we came to SA was almost a year ago and it was by accident; it was a rainy day, we were hungry and looking for a place to just avoid the rain.

The guy who welcomed us (which we're guessing is the Manager) was very nice and friendly.
The food was PERFECT. I can't even find the words to describe it. Their Prawn Jalfrezi and Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi are probably my ultimate favorite.

If you think it's a bit pricy, I say good quality is NOT cheap.

People who are complaining about the restaurant being closed, I don't know what happened but all I know they're only close on Mondays.

And, to be honest, it's probably the best to just speak to the manager about anything because sometimes the staff can get things mixed up (made a tiny mistake with our delivery order last week) but, people aren't perfect. So wasn't really bothered by it (the food was still delicious!).

But if you're looking for an Indian restaurant will excellent taste in food, I honestly can't recommend another restaurant but this one.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Incompetent or Fraudulent?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

TWICE my family has booked reservations over the phone and twice the restaurant has been closed on the day and time.
My complaint is similar to another TA reviewer who had paid for a Groupon voucher, called & spoke to staff to arrange a table, and arrive only to find the restaurant not open. Their website had conflicting information, with "7 days a week" written on the contact page, Tue-Sun on other web pages.
I can't decide whether this restaurant is criminally incompetent or just criminal.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Me and my wife went to restaurant starving on 21 Jul13 @ 12.30pm after carefully checking opening hours online, guess what the door was locked. Seeing through door the chef was inside and happily ignored us, not even had courtesy to walk to the door and tell us about the reason for shutting down during claimed opening hours. This is the 4th time I found the restaurant closed when I walked in hungry. Trust me I wont go again to this place and wont even advice my friends to go.

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Fuming Customer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Be very careful if you are planning a lunchtime meal at Spicy Affair. They might not be open.We had a terrible experience on Saturday 06.07.13. Booked with Groupon Voucher, had a reservation for a table for 2 at 1.30 p.m. and guess what, the door was locked, would not be left in. and was told "not open till 6 p.m." explained we had a booking, but he would not let us in and shut the door in our faces. So be warned. Will not be using this restaurant again and would advise others to do the same, they let their customers down.

Coventry
“Not your average Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This restaurant is more like a cafeteria in atmosphere and layout, next to the Pump Rooms in Leamington at the bottom of the Parade. Don't let the lack of flock wallpaper fool you though. All the Indian folks who are working locally visit here on a regular basis as it is so tasty.
You can get standard menu fare here but you must try the chef's specials. Cooked to order in front of you, you can ask for it mild, medium, hot or extra spicy!
If you like your Indian food and don't care for the typical interior design of the rest, try this place out. You won't regret it.

Visited May 2013