“Customer Service is tops!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick

You added Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Olympus Avenue | Tachbrook Park, Leamington Spa CV34 6RJ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Leamington Spa
London, United Kingdom
“Customer Service is tops!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

While the hotel as such may not be that great as a property but with their kind of customer service even the Hiltons and Marriotts could pale in comparison. One of the most comfortable stays I've ever had. The checkin time was for 2pm but they let us check in the moment we arrived which was at 10:30am (as we had arrived early for a meeting!). The room was to our expectations, similar to all other Holiday Inns. Clean and comfortable. Had all the facilities except for a mini fridge which would be really helpful to keep food stuff in the room. The housekeeping was quick and efficient and tidied the room up just so. I happened to be in the room when they came and the lady was courteous and quick and when requested for some extra tea supplies, obliged us generously! And the best part of the hotel was its breakfast. Nothing out of the ordinary food-wise but the service was impeccable. I've normally experienced really tardy service mostly during breakfast because of the rush and the demands and very few hotels are geared up to deal with efficient breakfast service. And this was one of them. The hostess was super courteous, the tea and coffee was on the table by the time we got back from the buffet service. We were also asked if we wanted our eggs to order whereas most hotels leave it to you to help yourself to very insipid scrambled eggs which has been lying for hours in the chaffing dishes...even though they may have eggs to order but do not promote it as it would mean extra work load for the kitchen. In addition, we were also asked if we wanted a takeaway coffee or tea or anything else from the buffet before we left! Who does that these days?! Super super impressed! And the icing on the cake was that when we wanted an extended check out, they gave it to us without blinking an eyelid. I must say that impeccable service standards is at the core of this hotel and must commend the staff on delivering this day in and day out as good service is indeed one of the rarest things in Britain.
I just have one question and that is - why is this hotel so different in overall ambience and look and feel as compared to other Holiday Inns - say the one in Bangkok which is so much plusher and modern! Also this hotel could seriously do with an updating especially the lifts, the doors, the walls, etc... I think they've done the general updating in keeping with the new brand and its colours but the long term fixtures and fitting have somehow got left out. But not complaining yet as the service makes up for it. See what good service can do to ordinary people? :)

Room Tip: Rooms facing the entrance to the hotel might be more quiet compared to the ones on the other end alt...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Wilma O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind review of your experience at the Holiday Inn Leamington Spa.

Where ever possible my team try and delivers 110%. I am glad on this occasion we have exceeded this. We have recently spent a lot of time looking at our breakfast offering and this has obviously been time well spent.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the very near future.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Wilma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This hotel was a good base for visiting Stratford and Warwick (about a £25 taxi fare from Stratford, and a 30 minute walk along the canal to Warwick). Our room was nice and tidy, a bit disappointed we only got 2 tea bags so had to ration them!
In the morning, our room had a power cut, and the girl at the front desk couldn't have been better about it - first offering us a new room (which we didn't need, as we were almost ready to go), and then a complimentary breakfast. She was so apologetic and generally lovely to deal with - good job :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Wilma O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear rosiepb,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at the Hotel. My team always try and deliver 110% customer satisfaction. I am pleased that on this occasion they did. We cannot control everything that happens but when it does as long as my team do their best to minimise the disruption to our guests then that is what makes this Hotel a great hotel guests love.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the very near future.

Wilma Orr
Semington, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Booked a suite and and checked in, however the bed had been slept in the room had not been cleaned and the tea and coffee services were gone. We complained and got a room change to a suite that had definitely had been "cleaned" however there were used female sanitary products in the bathroom bin which made me wonder what else had been overlooked.

the Management were on top of the complaints but housekeeping seemed non existent, no free WiFi and the bar is an absolute rip off.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Wilma O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Raynard2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Please accept my apologies for this as this is completely unacceptable. I have contacted you privately to discuss this matter further.

Durham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

£110 for their cheapest room. No wifi included. Asked at check in if wifi was included and the receptionist smiled and said yes. It costs around £25 for 24 hours wifi here.

The whole place needs a refurbishment: getting tatty.

Happened to pull out the bathroom plug and it had loads of hair stuck to it: gross.

Cheap mattress, quite hard. Hard pillows. Bedsheets were a bit rough.

Was asked at check in if I wanted a wake up call. I said, yes please, 6am. The next morning I got my wake up call at 7:27. Good thing I set my phone's alarm!

Breakfast was a rip off at £10 for a buffet that was far inferior to a Wetherspoons breakfast for £3. Pastries were stale. Coffee was just about undrinkable. Sausages were greasy. Did not get asked if I wanted to order from the menu, if I wanted more coffee or how my meal was during my 30 minute breakfast.

Price is astronomical for what it is. Have had much better stays at Premier Inn for much lower cost.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Chris T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at the Hotel. I am sorry to read that you prefer the budget style of Hotel rather than the Holiday Inn. Wi Fi is free for all of our Rewards members. This is free to join and once you have joined which is instant you will receive many benefits one of which is complimentary wi fi. I am sorry if on this occasion this was not explained to you.

I have read the rest of your comments with great interest. Please be assured that I have addressed your comments regarding the plug with the housekeeping team.

We are a hotel, and we do provide more of a choice at breakfast than a local public house hence the difference in price. We also provide in our bedrooms two hard pillows and two soft pillows both of which are clearly branded. This enables our guests to choose the correct pillow for them.

If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me direct at the Hotel.

Cheshire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I don't write reviews that often on this hotel despite staying here very regularly - guess thats just because I have grown to expect good service and a warm welcome.

This stay I have to say a big thanks to Penny who is fast becoming more of a friend than a member of staff. She goes well over and beyond expectations including knowing that there are times when a leisurely breakfast is off the menu but carbs are needed so waits with a grab bag at the ready and a big smile (despite having being on duty at stupid o'clock the night before) rushing to the car to bring us some water bottles was so thoughtful - lets face it most people would not bother

Also would like to mention Connor who stayed beyond his hours to make sure we had the bar service we all wanted - again this is the ethos of service this hotel provides.

Looking forward to seeing you all again next week and thanks for making a hotel feel like home

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Nelskii

All too often people are quick to criticise rather than congratulate our team. It warms me to read that two of my team have made such an impression on you and your stay.

The Hotel strives to provide good customer service and all of my team give 100%.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the very near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Just spent 2 nights with my husband to celebrate my 60th birthday .. Ideal location for golf and Cheltenham races, food was excellent and staff so helpful and friendly, thank you Penny for your excellent customer service..an asset to the hotel

• Stayed March 2014
HOTELMANAGERWARLS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear valmurray77

Thank you very much indeed for your review of Holiday Inn Leamngton Spa. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly pleased to receive your kind comments about the staff, in particular Penny, who provide dyou with such good service. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near futur.
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Me my partner and little boy stayed here for a 2 night stay, we had a leak in our room in the middle of the night, the staff were fantastic they upgraded us to a better room right away and couldn't be more apologetic, they even gave us complimentary breakfast the next day for the Inconvenience, we also had room service the following evening and the food was nice and we didn't have to wait too long for it, but again the staff were excellent , Penny served us and she was so accommodating, she was so welcoming and friendly and informed us of the childrens menu and recommended something for our little boy who is a fussy eater. Overall I would definatly say the staff make this place , although the hotel is quite basic it is clean and welcoming and I would definatly stay here again x

• Stayed February 2014
Dear SMJ1984

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of Holiday Inn Leamington Spa and to let us know about the great staff. I am so sorry that you had the inconvenience of a leak, but dleighted that the team handled the situation well in order to minimise the inconvenience. Thank, especially for the kind comments regarding Penny - it is always great to know that the efforts of staff do not go unnoticed. We do hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick? Share your experiences!