“Lovely Birthday meal in a fantastic garden” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 190 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Cuisines: English, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The Stag at Offchurch philosophy is to provide country food and value for money. Our outstanding location being a 16th century thatched pub in the centre of the picturesque and historic village of Offchurch is just 3 ½ miles from Leamington Spa town centre. We use fresh seasonal produce, locally sourced wherever possible, to produce first class wholesome food on the premises by our fully trained chefs.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Lovely Birthday meal in a fantastic garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went here last summer for a Sunday lunch for my Birthday.

It is a lovely countryside gastro pub - very stylish and sleek but still has that rustic country feel to it.

Fantastic garden to sit outside in the summer.

Food is of a very good quality with a much more then average menu - meaning that it more costly then your average pub - but totally worth it. I believe they use local produce or aubery allen for their meat, so the ingredients used are fantastic and support the local community.

We had the Sunday roast, which was very good, plenty of meat and veg and presented very nicely (not just slopped on like a normal carvery)

Only downside for me is that it is a bit far out - so someone has to drive unless you live in Radford, Cubbington, Lillington and are up for a longish walk over fields to get there in the day - or otherwise at night it would be a taxi job if you all wanted a drink.

But would definitely recommend and go again - probably for daytime food and a nice walk.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Southam, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were invited out to dinner to celebrate my friends daughters birthday (seven of us in total). We had never been before. I had chicken parfiet for starter, followed by salmon fishcakes. The presentation got the juices flowing alone, but it also tasted amazing. My husband had the mushrooms for starter followed by the pork and again, absolutely faultless. We will definitely be back again. The only critism we have, is that the wine was very expensive. We asked for the house dry white wine but apparently there isn't any and the cheapest dry wine was £25 for savignon blanc (we do not like chardonnay which was slightly cheaper) otherwise it would have been a 5 star rating. All in all though, a wonderful place and fantastic food and the staff were lovely. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leamington Spa
“Beautiful food with a difference !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I love this place. It stays ahead of the rest by changing it's menu regularly. One of the best places to go if you fancy a rib eye steak. But my favourite dish has to be the Lamb shoulder with jus when it's on the menu. The acompaning potato dish, and spinach is a perfect compliment. I always feel as though I am getting something really special that I couldn't create myself. Which for me is the most important requirement when you are out for a special occassion.

Staff are lovely. Very accomodating, and well informed about the dishes on the menu. Can't rate this place highly enough. Looking forward to trying the "flat chicken " at somepoint in the future.

Visited September 2012
Coventry, United Kingdom
“great place to come and eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

After many dissappointments in other places to eat this felt like an oasis for my tastebuds! The Stag has great location - lots of countryside walks and pleasant surroundings which make it even more attractive to visit. And other big plus is that they accept dogs in the bar area. As for food they serve yummy complimentary bread and olives to start your taste journey. We had one starter to share - cream of celeriac soup which they brought in two bowls - very attentive and flavoursome! As for main I ordered Free range chicken breast with rosti potato, melted leeks and morel cream sauce - delicious from start to finish. The only minus to point out were slightly overgrilled rosti on top and touch less of salt that could be added to the sauce but overall very good, definetely to be recomended!! As for pricing it's ok too concidering todays' values in other places they have to face the competition so £40 for two beers, starter and two mains I concider as good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“An excellent celebration for my mother's 80th birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Charming staff, and excellent food, beautifully presented, for this family occasion. We were given a table through in the Conservatory, which provides an excellent venue for a semi-private function, as they left us on our own until they finally had to use it as an overflow from the main restaurants Although there was a bit of a hiccup...my wife is gluten free and they forgot that there were biscuit pieces in the ice cream...they could not have been more apologetic. The complimentary bottle of wine (a Chateauneuf du Pape!) was a very kind gesture, and much appreciated. We will be back! Thank you very much.