“Top notch Italian food, old fashioned atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Top notch Italian food, old fashioned atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Booked five days ahead and the only table we could get was either 6pm or 9pm, so if you are particular about time plan well in advance!
The welcome was warm, but my husband found the service a little too slick and impersonal for his tastes and did not really relax until the food arrived!
We were asked if we wanted drinks before we'd even had chance to look at the meniu, so opted for water initially.
However, matters improved dramatically when inspecting the menu. There's a huge choice - pizza, lots of unusal pasta dishes, fish, meat etc, plus a special fish menu.
We chose anti pasti to start and it was a very generous board of meats, cheese, veg and breads, very good.
Then we had a pasta dish each with a salad - lamb ravioli for me which was a new experience, delicious and very rich, and lobster spaghetti for my husband, again really good. The wine list is comparable to many in price and choice and we chose a good French Viognier, perfecty served and very nice.
Desserts looked wonderful, but you will probably be full by this time if you have a starter...plan carefully if you have a sweet tooth! We finished with espressos which were as good as you would expect.
A word about the decor...I found it a bit over the top and to be honest feel that the food is so good it stands on its own merits, so a simpler decor and more relaxed atmosphere would probably tempt me back again more readily. But certainly one to try, if you can get a table!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Looks like a nice restaurant however wish I could say the same about the management! Reserved a table for a party of eight and i”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Rude an obnoxious manager and very unhelpful! Made a mistake with my reservation, it appears due to some mis-communication and blamed me soley for the mistake! No apology and did not even try and attempt to resolve the matter! Booked a table for a party of eight and was informed the best he could provide was a table for four! Not helpful! Very bad attitude! For that reason would not return there again!

Visited August 2013
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Just rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have been here a few times and while we have always found the food to be good the service is terrible!

My advice would be to not dare enter the resturant unless you have made a resivation. Last time we visited the answer was 'no' not, sorry we have no tables, just 'no' so rude!

That is the very last time we will go back esspecially now that there is a new Italian next to Cafe Rouge that is much nicer.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frome, United Kingdom
“Bellamissimo...or however you spell it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have just spent the most wonderful evening at this restaurant with my family celebrating the graduation of my son.
The food was nothing less than perfect and the service was second to none.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting to eat true Italian fayre. The atmosphere, staff, service, food were fantastic, this is a MUST go to restaurant if ever you are in Leamington Spa

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“On the whole great: but a few niggles.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've eaten at La Coppola on several occassions, and for the most part they have been memorable, and enjoyable.

On one occassion everybody at our table became very ill after eating their oysters, however this was during a time which (we later discovered) oysters in the Uk were having this effect everywhere.

The food here is not cheap, but if you order the right things you're in for a truly great experience. My advice would be to skip the pizzas (too salty, and nothing special), though the pasta is very good (particular favourite being the smoked duck pasta dish).

The real prize, however, is in their extensive seafood menus, as well as their classical italian meat dishes. The price soars at this point, however the extra cost is well justified.

For a special occassion when you're willing to spend a bit more than usual, than La coppola won't disappoint. For a quick pasta/pizza evening, however, you'd probably feel happier in somewhere a bit cheaper.

• Visited July 2013