“Pure Gold” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Haighton Manor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Preston
Haighton Manor
You added Haighton Manor to your Saves list
Haighton Green Lane | Haighton, Preston PR2 5SQ, England   |
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Preston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Pure Gold”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Haighton Manor provided a fabulous experience with glorious surroundings, wonderful food and seven luxurious rooms for those who stayed overnight. The staff were not merely helpful and friendly but clearly intent on ensuring that our special day was a success and that everyone present enjoyed the celebrations. Did I mention that it was our Golden Wedding on June 8th? We were kindly allowed to occupy the whole of the dining, reception and bar areas during the daytime, when we had a superb buffet meal in the lovely dining room; then relinquished the restaurant area in the evening, when we moved into the function room for another first class meal. The children spent most of a beautiful day playing in the field at the side of the hotel.
All my family would recommend Haighton Manor to anyone who wants a memorable experience for a family event or simply an enjoyable meal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HaightonManor, Owner at Haighton Manor, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and what a joy it was to host your special day. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and I am glad you did too. Kind regards from Marc & the Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I went to Haighton Manor 31 May. I have to say that I have already booked this venue for my July wedding next year Because I fell in love with the building but hadn't eaten here. Myself and my cousin were very impressed. The food was just melt in your mouth. We ordered the steak and ale pudding, peas and yummy chips cooked in beef dripping and sticky toffee with butter cream sauce and ice cream. Delicious, my wedding day cannot come soon enough and i will be taking my future inlaws for an anniversary meal there soon too. Last but not least, the staff are there to please and nothing is too much trouble.
Jo

HaightonManor, Owner at Haighton Manor, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thanks - most kind of you and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Marc & the Team
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Me & my wife stopped off for lunch/drinks and the food was excellent and very reasonably priced staff were very attentive and polite.
We will return when passing through again to try some of the other lovely menu.

Thanks all

I can't mark the rooms cos we never stayed but I'm sure there fine.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had our wedding here and it was a lovely day, staff were all wonderful and very helpful. The food was amazing. Breakfast on both mornings was very good food was fresh and beautifully presented. Paul went out of his way to get vegetarian sausages for our veggie bridesmaid. Haighton Manor was full of character the rooms were comfortable and clean. My guests all commented on how they enjoyed their stay.

Room Tip: The rooms are all spacious and decorated well. The suites were very tastefully decorated and in keep...
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

our daughters wedding was amazing staff superb especially paul nothing was a problem for him, food superb service excellent .just a note informed on day of wedding that because we put minature alchol in the mens favours would be charged £20 and they didn't want to put tablecloths on table for buffet as they may get stained a bit penny pinching me thinks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HaightonManor, Owner at Haighton Manor, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thanks for your comments and I'm glad you had a good time.

If I may, I think there may be a misunderstanding about a couple of points? On the subject of favours, like most venues, we only allow alcohol to be brought in with prior agreement and a corkage charge is made under those circumstances. I believe £20 is quite reasonable for what was about 40 double spirits which, for the most part, guests drank during the function. We are a licensed premises and I don't believe our requirements are unusual in this respect and we do publish the policy in our wedding literature and contract. We do, as a rule, always cloth our tables - on this occasion one of the buffet dishes was a curry which causes permanent staining on linens. Under these circumstances we usually seek permission not to cloth that portion of the buffet table - and, as in this case, if our clients ask us to do otherwise we always oblige.

I am sorry if you thought we were penny-pinching. All evidence to the contrary though as I hope everyone had a good day and at a very fair price.

I'll pass your positive feedback to Paul who, like me, is happy that the day passed off so successfully. kind regards Marc & the Team.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Arrived with 3 other adults and 2 children, the service was friendly and prompt, bar prices very reasonable. We were shown to our table in a beautifully decorated(in keeping with the history of the manor) dining room, the food arrived which had been cooked fresh from ordering and it was amazing, finest ingredients and the portions were out of this world. staff very attentive and friendly. I would recommend this place to anybody looking for fantastic food at silly prices.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I've stayed at the Haighton Manor many times on business in the Preston area and can recommend it as a relaxed and welcome change from the usual sort of hotel chain. A lovely building and grounds, with very friendly staff (including the proprietor Marc who makes regular apperances), great menu and food, and a good bar. Never overrun during the week, which is to me a bonus, but really together with the restaurant it deserves to be full every night.

Standard rooms are cosy if not luxurious, although there is a range up to very nice suites which I assume the wedding parties at the weekend will often use.

Room Tip: Mix of rooms - the best are very spacious and grand - probably more expensive than the standard ones...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Haighton Manor? Share your experiences!