“Wedding August 2013” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bartle Hall Country Hotel and Restaurant

You added Bartle Hall Country Hotel and Restaurant to your Saves list
Bartle Hall Country Hotel and Restaurant
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lea Lane | Bartle, nr Preston, Preston PR4 0HA, England   |
Offers & Announcements
Coffee, Cake and Relax!
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Preston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
“Wedding August 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had my wedding here in August lovely venue, if I could have my day again I would change a few things in the room ie how it had been set up, it didn't really flow as smooth as I hoped for but it was too late to say anything on the day as it couldn't be changed in any way.
All my guest LOVED the food, the food was fab it was beautiful. The weather was on our side so we could use the grounds it has to offer but all in all a nice place to have a wedding .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NHaworth, Manager at Bartle Hall Country Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you and your guests "loved" the food and that you enjoyed the setting of Bartle Hall.

I am sorry to hear that you felt the layout of the room could have been more suitable. We would love the opportunity of speaking with you in person to see if we could make any changes to improve in the future.

Please contact our hotel Manager Chris Ashby when convenient to discuss further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
wrexham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

went to a wedding at this place and stayed in the hotel. the room was big and very luxurious. the food was excellent. the staff were very welcoming and professional. Particularly Hayley who did a lot of the organising and was really good fun.
the breakfast was delicious and i really couldn't fault anything about the day.

Room Tip: we stayed in westby and it was nice and quiet and the water was hot (some other guests did not have...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
The team really appreciate your feedback, especially Hailey.

We are especially proud to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of the day and hope that we are able to see you again soon.
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I took my mum for afternoon tea for her birthday after seeing it advertised in local magazines. Really enjoyed it overall sandwiches were tasty and everything was of a really good standard for the money. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We will be back again soon. lovely setting can't believe not been before as only live 5 minutes away!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am pleased that you and your mum had a wonderful day at Bartle Hall. We are looking forward to your return visit.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a family weddings, parts are fabulous but other elements not so good. For example we booked an executive room but when we got there the room was tiny. Also people kept asking for our room key because it was the only room with a balony yet there was not a safe and we were not pre-warned about this. The hotel is beautiful but in need of decorating in certain parts. They had obviously had a problem with wasps which had been addressed but dead wasps sat on the window ledge, we counted 7 on one and there remained there the following day. Also a lot of flys around whilst eating. Don't get me wrong the wedding was amazing but it's little things like this that can ruin a venue.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have mixed feelings about your recent visit to Bartle Hall.

I am pleased to hear that elements of the day were fabulous.

I am sorry to hear that the fly's and wasps caused an inconvenience during your stay. Every effort is taken to try and prevent this happening but unfortunately due to our rural setting these things do occur.

Once again I am pleased that you found the day "amazing" and hope to see you again in the near future.
Essex, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Excellent value for a one night stopover. Bar meal was ok but the breakfast was fantastic. Room was a bit basic but for the price I paid it was a great deal. I wouldn't countenance paying the rack rate though! Lovely location, very attractive grounds I recommend as an alternative to bland chain type hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Bartle Hall for your midweek stay.

I am pleased to hear that the breakfast was "fantastic"

It sounds like your stay was in a classic bedroom, if you would like to contact us prior to your nest stay we could see if an executive rooms is available which has more amenities.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the setting and the personal experience we offer.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Myself and my new Husband married here on 28th August 2013. We have to say how wonderful the day was, and how happy we were with the venue and staff.

From the booking of the wedding, back in 2012 all the staff have been fantastic. We firstly met Nicola who went through the options and packages available to us and showed us round, she was very professional and personable. We had noticed at other venues they can be quite pushy, however we didn't feel this at all with Nicola. We wanted a small, intimate wedding and Bartle Hall were happy to provide this for us. Nicola suggested we had a large oval table for the wedding breakfast, which worked out fantastically, we are so happy we went along with the suggestion.

All the information they sent regarding the wedding was very clear and informative. However, if we did have any questions, they would answer telephone/email at all hours of the day and never made you feel like you were
asking obvious questions (even when we were!)

We went for our final details meeting and met Emily (I think). She was very friendly and helpful and made everything very clear. She even went through things that we hadn't even thought of!

The complimentary trial meal was a lovely touch and we both enjoyed the evening, this gave us the opportunity to add to or change the food if wanted, but it was perfect as it was.

The day before the wedding, myself and my two bridesmaids stayed at Bartle Hall. The staff again were very good, they brought us a fan when we were too hot and fly spray when we had a few wasps flying in from outside (what you would expect at this time of year).

On the wedding day itself, everything ran so smoothly. It was so well organised and all the venue staff knew exactly what they were doing. One of the ladies at reception (Jenny I think) was running around helping the guys with their wardrobe malfunction and helping straighten my dress out before the ceremony. They moved the wedding outside when the weather turned out to be sunny, they looked after us all and made sure we knew exactly what we were doing. The table looked fantastic for the meal, the waiters were nothing short of superb.

I would like to make special thanks to Martin, who managed the wedding. He was so well organised, patient and did an amazing job of looking after us all.

As a parting note, all of our guests commented on the day, the venue, the food the staff and everything in between saying how wonderful it all was.

Thank you so much everyone at Bartle Hall for making our day just as we wanted it and a day we will never forget!

• Stayed August 2013
Wow, thank you for such wonderful feedback the whole team will be truly delighted with your comments.

I am pleased that you found your first visit to view Bartle Hall so personable and professional. We pride ourselves in offering packages tailor-made to suit your wishes. The oval table is a lovely way to dine with all your guests when having a more intimate number of guests.

It is very reassuring to hear that on the occasions when something wasn't clear the team were able to assist in a prompt manor and that your final details meeting was carried out in such a friendly manner.

The complimentary trial meal that we offer is a great way to sample the delights you will experience on the day. I am pleased it gave you confidence in your choices and left you looking forward to your day.

The team involved will feel great gratification that you received such a high standard of service and that their attention to detail was beneficial.

I will ensure that Martin is aware of your kind comments. It is our aim to ensure that every one of your guests enjoys the day and leaves having experienced great attention to detail, it is wonderful to hear that we were successful.

It was our pleasure to host such an important occasion and we are delighted that Bartle Hall will hold many happy memories.
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went to wedding evening reception.

Yes beautiful grounds guests said in the day had problems with wasps and in the evening no where to sit inside so got bit been out side. Yes I know it's been outside this can happen but hotel should check for wasp nests and help putting repellent out.

We arrived 8 pm the meal was just finished so running late.

They had to change the room round so got in for evening late.

Bride groom cut the cake dj asked for staff to move the cake first dance no one came so was moved by guests.

The organisation poor bar service poor staff looked unhappy and young no one was visible organising my husband said they couldn't pull pint of beer.

The buffet came out bacon sausage chips. Chips not fit to eat thought I'd noticed flies on bacon but dismissed it at the time.

4 am woken with sickness really poorly didnt drink alcohol so wasn't down to that eat different sausage to my husband so was feeling ill all the next day.

Last comment the worsted went to ladies toilets only two. The smell was awful waitied in queue a lady came out of the toilet said the smell was left by her the toilet was dirty smelly they had chart up about cleaning times one time only marked.

I'm writing this review because I'm invited to another wedding at the same place in two weeks not sure if to attend because of my comments.

I know how much weddings cost and they let down the bride and groom and it takes lots of hard work to pay for theses venues.

Please sort out the basics for the sake of the people whose getting married.

You have a beautiful hotel in grounds sooo beautiful please get these things up to standard.

Last comment two weddings on at same time so this may of been the reason.

Yes this review is different from the others but feel I had to write for the young couple getting married in two weeks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
I am sorry to hear that during your visit to Bartle Hall that the wasps hindered your enjoyment of the wedding you attended so much.

We are aware that with the hotel being in such a rural setting that problems of this nature can occur. We do prepare for this issue and have all the windows lined with a repellent to discourage the wasps from entering the building.

A specialist company do visit the hotel every month to check for any visible nests, unfortunately on this occasion it sounds like one may have been missed.

The employees at the hotel are recruited on a permanent basis so that they can undergo a training programme prior to serving our guests. It is therefore very unusual to hear that you were not able to be served.

I am sorry to hear that the supper chosen did not meet your expectations. All our food is served by a member of the team or chef so that we can ensure its quality is of a high standard.

I am sorry to hear that you were unwell, I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to contact the hotel to discuss this further as this is something that is of high importance to us.

All the restrooms are fitted with air fresheners and checked on a half hourly basis, I am sorry to hear that on one your visits your experienced an odour.

I am confident that your next visit to Bartle Hall will be pleasant and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

As previously mentioned we would be delighted to speak to you personally to ensure that you have every confidence in Bartle Hall and the service we offer.

Been to Bartle Hall Country Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!