“Our wedding -5* bartle hall” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bartle Hall Country Hotel and Restaurant

You added Bartle Hall Country Hotel and Restaurant to your Saves list
Bartle Hall Country Hotel and Restaurant
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lea Lane | Bartle, nr Preston, Preston PR4 0HA, England   |
Offers & Announcements
Coffee, Cake and Relax!
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Preston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Our wedding -5* bartle hall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had my wedding reception at the balmoral suite on 20 April 2013 and I can hand on heart say that I can't fault anything.
I booked my wedding about 2 years in advance therefore we had plenty of time to plan everything. As fellow brides will probably know planning a wedding is more difficult that you'll ever imagine and on numerous occasions there were times that I had to contact bartle hall to ask questions and ask for advice. The girls were so helpful and no question was deemed silly and there were very prompt in replying. This is very reassuring when you're planning a wedding!
We met with Nicola on a couple of occasions and ran through things and she was very accommodating with some of our requests especially with the food - we chose the chicken ( which was amazing by the way) however one of my family members doesn't eat chicken so Nicola offered a preferred dish of lamb for him. Also my husband and I changed our veg and pudding too! Noting was too much trouble.
On the actual day Hailey met us as we arrived and kept us informed all the way through about what was happening and what was going to happen. We also hired a wedding singer all day who was acting as our toast master and Hailey and Matt liaised with each other which was great as I could just enjoy the day without worrying about what was happening.
I want to make a special mention for Hailey as she was truly amazing on the day. We had over 100 people at our reception , with children who were having diff meals and some adults on veggie options etc and the way she owned the room instructing waiters and waitresses was amazing. Hailey knew exactly what was happening and what food needed to go where , so massive thank to Hailey she is a credit to the team at Bartle Hall.
The food was so good and alot of of people at the wedding commented on how delicious the food was.
The room was set up beautifully and we had quite a lot of tables but the room Didn't feel too cramped at all and I also didn't feel that the guests at the back were too far away.
The gardens are so lovely and we had fantastic weather so the kids were able to run around and make use of the little park area at the rear... And the adults!!!
We had the ivy cottage as our bridal suite which was right next door to the room which was brilliant for nipping back and touching up make up Etc.
There is nothing more to say other than the day couldn't have been more perfect and I would highly recommend Bartle Hall to anyone for a wedding venue and a hotel. Thank you so much for helping contribute to our special day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NHaworth, Manager at Bartle Hall Country Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Wow, thank you for such a glowing review of your Wedding at Bartle Hall. We are so pleased to hear that the day exceeded your expectations and that you couldn't fault a thing.

Our reception team will be delighted to hear that they were able to assist with the organising as many of them have been here for over 9 years so are truly dedicated to their roles.

I am pleased that the assistance I gave with the meal requirements benefitted your guests and the groom!

I will ensure that your kind feedback is passed to Hailey as it is of great importance to her.

It is great to hear that the suite and grounds looked fantastic and that the food was delicious! We feel privileged to have been a part of such an important day and hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Bartle Hall in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Manchester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were looking for somewhere to stay near Preston and stumbled across this little gem. We've tired of staying at places with no character or personality. We stayed in a small cottage just off the main building which was very luxuriously kitted out with an enormous bathroom. It had everything you needed and more. The breakfast was great in the morning with a wide choice.

It made a change to be greeted at the reception with a smile and all of the staff couldn't do enough to help. Would definitely recommend to anyone, extremely good value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased that you stumbled across us! It is great to hear that you enjoyed the character and personality of the manor.

The Ivy Cottage is one of my favourite rooms and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the selection available at breakfast.

Our reception team will be delighted to hear that you felt welcome and we hope to see you again soon.
Poulton le Fylde
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our son and daughter in law Paul and Dawn chose this venue for their weddign and a truly wonderful day was had by all. Everything was spectacular, the hall where they had the wedding was beautifully set out and the registrars were excellent. The weather was very kind and we were able ot make full use of both the inside and outside facilities. The grounds were beautiful and it was very special to be served very tasty canapes whilst sipping Pimms on the sweeping lawns. A big plus side was that the younger children were able to let off plenty of steam running around. The tables were laid out very stylishly and the food and service was spectacular. A string quartet plaed for 4 hours and they were great.The evening buffet was very tasty and portions were very generous. When we arrived there was a problem with the draught Guiness and draft bitter which meant that they could not be served but the staff made every effort to call in an enginer and the problem was rectified in time for the evening reception. The house DJ was very good and got lots of people up for all the evening.

Most of the family stayed at the hotel and they were very accomodating and the breakfast was great in the morning. Thank you Bartle Hall, great job very well done. All the staff worked to a very high level of professionaliam and should be praised accordingly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We were delighted to host your sons wedding and it is wonderful to hear that you had a truly wonderful day.

It gives us great pleasure to hear the words: spectacular, beautiful and excellent. This is the type of service we strive to offer.

One thing we can't take praise for is the weather so we are so pleased to hear that it was kind to you! It does help having 16 acres of grounds for the children to let of steam!

I am pleased to hear that the issue with the draft bitter and Guinness was resolved swiftly and professionally.

Once again it was an honour to host such a special day for your son and hope that we can welcome you and your family back to Bartle Hall in the near future.
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My first stay at Bartle Hall and I will return for sure. Stayed in the Balmoral Cottage room which has just been completely refurbished to a high standard with a great wet room. Staff friendly and genuinely seem to care which is so refreshing. Had a drink and a meal in the bar - the food is really impressive. So many poor hotels around so great to have made a good choice. You won't be disappointed !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
It is wonderful to hear that your first stay at Bartle Hall was so pleasurable and we would love to see you return.

It is great to receive such positive feedback about the Balmoral Cottage and that the standard of the décor was high.

We are delighted to hear that the team made a good impression and hope that we can see you again in the near future.
Luton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The staff here were a credit to this place and were very helpfull, the hotel had good parking and is about 5 miles or so from civilisation so it is quite and peacefull, the rooms we booked were a large family room and a double which was very small and grotty, In the morning the breakfast was good but did take its time in coming however the staff were very accomodating.prices are good

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
NHaworth, Manager at Bartle Hall Country Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is a pleasure to hear that the staff enhanced your stay.

I am sorry to hear your feedback on the classic double room. It would be really helpful if you could contact the hotel so we can identify which room your stayed in and when.

The maintenance of the hotel is of great importance to us and if a guest has left with this impression of the room we would like to take action immediately.

Please request to speak to the Sales and Marketing Manager when you call so this can be dealt with effectively and promptly.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Well, where do I start? Choosing Bartle Hall as our wedding venue was the best starting point we could have had for planning our wedding. Myself and my husband were married here on March 31st 2013- the best day of our lives!
I loved it from the first time I went to view it and the fact that we could pay to have exclusive use of the venue meaning just ourselves and our guests got to share in our
special day sold it. If you can have the exclusive use I would definitely recommend it! The location is fantatstic found down country lanes in it's own small but beautiful grounds. I loved the style of the main house and also the balmoral suite.
From the initial meeting, subsequent meetings and many, many e-mails I sent with various questions, whoever I spoke to was always professional and helpful. Nicola, Helen, Kirsty and Hannah are just some of the helpful ladies who helped me out lots.
Responses to my e-mails were always prompt and I felt re-assured that everything would run smoothly on our special day which of course it did!
Once at Bartle Hall the day went perfectly and the staff in particular Hailey our toastmaster/organiser for the day ensured this.
The food was fantastic from the delicious canapes, the wonderful wedding breakfast, fantastic evening reception food of posh pie, chips & peas and then the brilliant breakfast the morning after. So many of our guests commented on the amazing food, and I am a big food lover myself so this played an important part in our day- please pass our compliments to the chef!
We were fortunate with the weather also following the snow, blizzards, rain and freezing conditions in the run up to the wedding although it was cold & windy we had sunshine &a dry day so could take advantage of having lots of photos outdoors.
We had The Windsor Suite for our ceremony and then our celebratory drinks and canapes in the main bar before moving over to The Balmoral Suite for our wedding breakfast and evening reception i'm glad we were able to use both suites.
We stayed in The Ivy Cottage which is beautiful! We loved it, we had a minor issue which was promptly rectified by Nicola the morning after and with lovely unexpected gestures/ gifts also. Thank you!
The bedrooms do seem to vary so bear that in mind for your guests, there are some gorgeous four poster rooms which we allocated to immediate family (which are more expensive but worth it) compared to the other rooms as I saw a standard double.
The day flowed so well and I really did not want it to end. Bartle recommended our DJ- Simon Gee and he was great too, it also meant that he could use the lighting etc thatis installed as if we had chosen another DJ we were advised that they wouldn't be able to use all the equipment and lighting as he had installed it (something to bear in mind).
We have had several comments that our wedding was the best one that some people had ever been too and everyone else said what a wonderful wedding it had been.
I have no doubt that had we chosen another venue for our wedding day it wouldn't have been as wonderful as it was, great location, venue, staff & food! So if you are considering Bartle Hall book it as I'm not sure how the last 2 reviewers were able to make such comments as it sounds like they were at a different place. Thanks again Bartle Hall.

Room Tip: We stayed in The Ivy Cottage which was amazing and in your own little grounds. The 4poster rooms w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow. Thank you so much for the lovely review, the whole team really appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts on your very special day.

It is wonderful to hear that your questions were answered effectively by the whole team and I will ensure that all the people involved are aware of your praise.

Hailey is delighted to hear that her co-ordination and service on the day helped to ensure that your day went perfectly.

We feel privileged that Bartle Hall was your chosen venue, we understand that it is a big decision for you to make. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future and wish you both every happiness.

Best Wishes from all the Team at Bartle Hall
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Attended a friend's wedding here recently. Venue small and cramped. No room to move. Food only OK. Staff a bit stiff and miserable. Room standard poor for the money we paid. Very small and shabby as were parts of the hotel. Dirty carpets and curtains Very dated and in need of a good refurbishment. Very overrated

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am truly concerned to hear your comments and would greatly appreciate if you could contact the hotel directly to confirm that it was Bartle Hall you attended.

Our Balmoral Suite is 97ft x 33 ft in size and The Windsor Suite 72ft x 20 ft. During this year we have not hosted a Wedding which has reached the maximum capacities.

As mentioned it would be very beneficial if you could contact the hotel directly to confirm it was Bartle Hall you attended. Customer satisfaction is something that we take very seriously and is of great importance to us and we would like to have the opportunity to investigate your comments.

Been to Bartle Hall Country Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!