“Be aware this is a franchised hotel and you pay on arrival!” 4 of 5 stars

Premier Inn Preston West
Blackpool Road | Lea, Preston PR4 0XB, England   |
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Preston
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Be aware this is a franchised hotel and you pay on arrival!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

The room was furnished in the same way as normal Premier Inns despite being a franchise. Nothing different quality the same as usual and very good for a short stay. And at £29 a night for the room who could complain!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
sasnewsham, Manager at Premier Inn Preston West, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review, yes we are a franchise site but we have to adhere to all of premier inn policy's and procedures so nothing is different at our site to any other, we are also being refurbished this year to the newer upgraded premier inn hotels.

hope to see you again soon thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Booked to stay here as it was a convenient location and a good price. Reception staff were friendly and welcoming. The room was a typical Premier Inn room but a little tired and could do with some updating and decoration. Generally clean and comfortable but we only had one hand towel. A second one was readily provided when we asked at reception but we were also told this is now policy. A retrograde step as, although we were friends travelling together, I would sooner have my own towel. The bathroom was in need of renovation. Good location and price for what we wanted and a fairly typical and average Premier Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
thank you for your kind review, as you say it is unfortunately one of Premier Inns new policy's that we only provide one hand towel in a room but the reception team always have extra on hand at the desk. Sadly some of our rooms are a little older but we are being updated this year you will be pleased to hear.
hope to see you again soon
Doncsster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Paid £29.00 for ROOM ONLY which was excellent value for money. Niggles were (a) no mobile phone signal (b) pub had 2 real ale pumps but only Old Speckled Hen available and that expired after 1 pint and no replacement offered. (c) Ordered cheese and chilli on my jacket potato and got baked beans and chilli.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review like you we hope for a new phone mast to be built near us as signal can be very bad especially in bad weather, however the team are always happy to loan use of the main line phone or call cabs when required.

Glad you enjoyed your stay, sorry about the pub next door at the time of your visit we had a few new team members in training hopefully these issues are resolved now.

thanks again
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were attending a wedding at Bartle Hall and decided to stay here to save a bit of money! We paid £29 for the room and £8 each way in a taxi, much cheaper than rooms at the Marriott, Bartle or ibis nearby...

Room was basic but all we needed for the night, good size with decent facilities.

The guy on the front desk was extra helpful and he welcomed us with a smile, changed our room so we could get in early as we were going to the wedding and was just generally a nice person to have as a first impression on the hotel.

Can't comment on breakfast as we didn't bother.

Only slight annoyance was a lorry making deliveries to the pub next door at 8am with one of those 'caution this vehicle is reversing' sirens going off but we quickly got over that and went back to bed!

This is the second stay here for a wedding at Bartle Hall and for the price we think it is great!

• Stayed May 2014
thank you for your great review we look forward to seeing you again soon,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Very clean room, super comfortable beds, and most importantly a great team of staff who will go out their way to ensure you have the best stay possible. All staff we encountered were friendly and approachable, with cheerful dispositions, knowledgeable and efficient. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

thank you for taking the time to review us and hope to see you again soon
Portsmouth,uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have stayed in many Premier Inns and this one definitely didn't come up to the usual standard.
We booked a family room to relax and stay in after a long 6 hour drive.
Our room (number 17) looked clean enough but the bathroom stunk of mould and we could see hair on the toilet. After a long drive we went to have dinner in Hungary Horse as that was the only thing available and it was getting late for our little girl. As we sat down I stuck to the table so we moved seats a couple of times......watching a very large man who worked there "clean "the tables I can understand why as he did a very poor job. Also play area outside is very tired and run down.
After a reasonable nights sleep we went to have breakfast which was in the same place....... Nothing like other Premier Inns..... Poor lay out..... Had to ask for cutlery four times..... Run out of coffee..... Had to order hot food so couldn't help yourself.....eggs were hard..... Bacon was terrible..... Not enough staff ......dirty toilets... so we gave up and went back to our room to pack. As we walked past staff cleaning out rooms their manager was giving them a telling off about not doing their jobs properly (which I don't think should be infront of guests) .
Checking out was the best part of the experience as we met lovely Bob who is a credit to your hotel. Unfortunately we have been a bit put off coming back to Preston :(

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Preston West, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Leicester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I work all over the country and my employer use Premier Inn as there main accommodation, so I have stopped in many premier inn all over the country, I have to say this one is not to good!

I stopped here for 7 weeks (Monday to Friday) the upstairs rooms are not too bad but ALL of the downstairs rooms smell mouldy (when I say all of them I genuinely mean them all as between myself and colleges we have stopped in every downstairs room)

in some of the rooms there is still remains of what looks like mould patches that have been painted over, even one of the staff agreed that they smell mouldy.

mobile phone signal on O2 and EE is non existent indoors.

The restaurant next door is the hungry horse lea gate, eat elsewhere is all I can say!! poor quality undercooked food.

to be honest they rate a 5 out of 5 on the food hygiene rating website but how they achieved this I will never know!!

the tables are dirty and sticky the seats are dirty I have had various problems while eating there throughout my stay

on one occasion there was a pubic hair in my ice cream sundae, my last visit 2 weeks ago was no better, I had the bbq chicken batons as a starter the lettuce in the side salad was going orangey brown colour on all of the cut edges indicating it was well past its best and the batons were over cooked and just fill of bbq sauce and only 1 half centimetre cube of chicken in one of them, my college had a prawn salad starter which was clearly days old as the dressing had formed a skin and the lettuce was also in the same state.

main course, my college had fish and chips which he could not eat the fish as it had a hideous amount of bones in.

I had sizzling skewers which I only had because I had eaten them in the past and thought that previously they were ok however this time im surprised I never woke in the night with food poisoning!!

I chose 1 plain chicken skewer and 1 Southern fried, the waitress brought it out on a skillet and it sizzled for less than 3 seconds the peppers and onions were completely uncooked and cold, the plain, I tried the plain skewer an it was barely luke warm, i called over the manager and he offered to replace the entire meal but i said to just get me another skewer (southern fried this time) as my other southern fried skewer was nice and hot, he brought it out on a separate plate so i put the cold one on the other plate and ate my meal minus the peppers and onions, after eating my meal i cut into the cold skewer that i rejected to find it totally raw in the middle.

the waitress asked how the meals were when she collected the plates..... so i told her horrid as the skewer was raw in the middle and i was speechless by her reply.......

........."oh yeah i don't understand it the table over there and another table earlier had the same complaint, i just cant understand it we buy them in pre cooked and just warm them up so its not the chefs fault"

as i said i was speechless so did not reply.

Room Tip: if you do stay here make sure you get a room upstairs as they don't seem to smell mouldy