“The worst experience I have ever had in my life” 1 of 5 stars

Ferrari's Country House Hotel
Chipping Lane | Thornley, Longridge, Preston PR3 2TB, England   |
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Preston
Lancashire
“The worst experience I have ever had in my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

The outside of the hotel looks lovel, inside it is dirty and shabby. The owner is rude and unkempt. We ordered a roast dinner and the yorkshire puddings were covered in mould, we complained to a waitress who took them away. We advised we didn't want to eat and would like the bill for the drinks. The owner ignored us and told the waitress that we could have the drinks on the house. We got no apology and left still hungry! There were flies in the restaurant, the worst experience of my life!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chorley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

We arrived and from the outside this place looked beautiful, we decided to have a night away and enquire about the wedding packages.
Once arriving first impressions were good the young receptionist directed us to our room and gave us a wedding brochure.
The room was nice, we were in one of the suites which was clean and bathroom was adequate too however, the room did have pictures of the family in it which freaked us out a bit and we found this was something that carried on throughout the hotel (each to their own i suppose)
It was when we asked to speak to someone about weddings that we were introduced to the stuck up woman who owned the place it appeared she had no intention of making us feel comfortable and spoke as if we were wasting her time, from past experience a tour round the wedding facilities would be offered but she did nothing of the sort.
When it came to checking out the owner again appeared to have the same bad manners and took our payment whilst speaking on the phone which I thought was pretty rude and a smile and a bit of enthusiasm might have been nice but that was clearly too much to ask.
The owner unfortunately let the whole team down!
This place would have been OK if you really didn't want to do anything else apart from sit in the bar, food was ok but i could get the same a lot closer too home.
Overall we feel as if we were a bit too young for the place and wouldn't really recommend it.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2009

I must admit that I wasn't expecting much having read reviews from other people about this hotel, but I must admit I was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel and surroundings are beautiful, and my two rooms (had to unexpectedly return for a second night) were large, clean and comfortable.

Sure the pictures of the family were distracting at first, but after that I thought it was quite a nice touch, certainly more interesting than the usual bland clone pictures you find in most places!

As far as communication goes you will be very lucky to get any mobile reception at all.

All the staff that I spoke with were very friendly and helpful.

The evening meal was reasonable, though I did prefer the food at the pub down the road and the breakfast choice was amazing.

If I have to come back to this part of the world I will definitely be coming back to Ferraris.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — The bar area was a bit like a youth hostel
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Durham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

We stayed here just after christmas as a friend was getting married nearby. From booking the hotel I was not impressed. We reserved the room over the phone and were given no confirmation in writing and so I was a little concerned that we wouldn't have a room when we arrived, but we did. On arrival we were greeted by a very rude owner who was abrupt and pretty much threw our keys at us. I had to ask for directions to our room! (The other staff were extremely helpful however).

There were a number of us staying there and we were all charged the same price for our rooms. Our room was ok, very dated and worn out but size wise it was ok. One of the other couples had more of a suite than a room and another couple were paying the same price to stay in what seemed like a broom cupboard (without any heating and it was freezing!)

Although our shower was powerful the bathroom was very tried and the single bathrobe was dirty. The wardrobe door didn't close and and the cupboard which was in front of the only socket in the room was being kept up by pieces of wood! The bed was comfortable enough but had sheets and blankets which aren't my preference.

On the whole the hotel was very tired and the owner extremely rude. Although our room was ok value for money I would have been really upset to have had the room our friends did for the same price. To top things off the whole hotel was adorned with photos of the large family who own the hotel. A few photos I could understand but the place was covered. We all thought this was a little strange but it did cause us great entertainment.

We certainly would not stay here agian and would advise anyone considering it to give it a miss and find somewhere else.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
blackburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

We stayed over night .In a room that was really nice so comfortable.The food was 5 star. the service was highly commendable.altogether a very pleasant experience. the whole wedding day was made special and we were made to feel really special. well done FARRARI'S

• Liked — the whole experience was so well done
  • Disliked — no a problem .
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hemel Hempstead
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

Having waited in what turned out to be reception for 15 mins, someone arrived and when I asked if I could check in, I was simply given a key to room 3, no explanation as to where room 3 was !. On finding room 3, I opened the door to be confronted by a damp musty mouldy smell, the room was very small and dated to say the least.
On returning to reception later that evening to request a transfer to an acceptable room, the lights were turned off and no one to be found, fortunately my travelling companion had 2 single beds in her room and I was able to sleep in her room.
The following day on returning to the Hotel I visited reeception to complain, and without explanation was given the key to another room "Felice".
The food in the restaurant was very poor and the service almost non exsistant ( ie waiting 20 minutes for a menu despite several requests to a rude and abrupt waitress).

• Liked — The setting
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Preston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2006

We stayed here a few months ago and when we arrived we thought it looked lovely (from the outside!).
We were thoroughly let down once we stepped inside to find the whole place looking shabby and not at all how we expected.
The food is lovely, very homely but does not warrant the prices.
The father of the family, Ginio is an entertainer, but his eldest daughters sour face ruined our dining experience.
Ferrari's has a lovely exterior and grounds to die for, but a complete let down on the inside. It's like a pub not a country house and far too fussy.
We will not stay here again, but older people MAY like this place.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Ferrari's Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!