“Fabulous meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Preston, United Kingdom
“Fabulous meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went to Zeela last night for a special anniversary meal. It was the best food we have had in a long time. We opted for a starter each and a main course accompanied with rice and a naan bread. The food was very fresh, full of flavour due to the sutble use of herbs and spices. The naan "melted" in your mouth and was not at all stodgy, the rice was perfect and our delicious mains were presented creatively. It was fantastic value for money in our opinion (a little over £40 with a bottle of very nice shiraz). We were pleasantly full but not over stuffed as can be the case with some restaurants. The decor in contemporary and friendly, making the most of the restuarants small size. Staff were friendly without being over bearing. I have already recommended this place to work colleagues and will definitely return soon with family. This is just what Kirkham needs.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Preston, United Kingdom
“Wow!! Best yet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Went last night with my husband and we both said its the best Indian we have ever eaten. Service fantastic. Food so fresh and tasty and everywhere was spotlessly clean. The staff didn't rush us at all and explained dishes that we were not sure of. So lovely we are planning our next trip already. Thanks Zeela it was top notch all round!!

“Great little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I want in this place and it was just right. The price is about right for a good curry house and size of the meals are just right. The best thing is it just around the corner for me thateans I done not need to get a taxi out of kirkham.... :))))))

Chorley Lancs
“Bogus Reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Vote rigging! This makes me so angry. A friend and I travelled from Chorley to Kirkham for a meal at Zeela. We were greeted on arrival and informed that there was a problem with the drinks licence. A quick trip across the road to a well stocked co op resolved this issue. After placing our order, I was told that the lamb chops were off the menu. I opted for the recommended fish as an alternative starter. The food is typical (well presented) Anglicised 'curry'. There's nothing wrong with it in particular but, following the posted 'reviews' we were expecting so much more. This place isnt cheap. Mains run at around £9.50 plus rice. The final inconvenience was not being able to pay by card. Cash only. I have strong reservations about Zeela. At the time of writing, the restaurant was at number 4 for Preston on Trip Advisor with only 18 votes cast. Take a look how many reviews are the work of new contributors. Furthermore, my friend and I were the only diners all (Thursday) night. Dodgy in many ways.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kirkham
“Exquisite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I am reluctant to tell the world how good this place is, I want it all to myself! The service is excellent and the food is beyond excellent. Whenever I want to impress friends, I take them here.

• Visited July 2013