“Is No Longer!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Chorley, Lancashire
“Is No Longer!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Drove past the other day, place was derelict with a sign outside which read "Indian Restaurant Opening Soon"!

Visited August 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Having heard a few bad stories from friends about this restaurant I always avoided it, but my partner and I decided to give it a go and we were quite happy with it to be honest! It is in a very strange place and the outside of the building could do with a major facelift, but inside is nice enough. The menu (as you so often find at Chinese restaurants) was to much to take in and without adequate explanations of the dishes but I suppose that's always part of the fun in ordering Chinese bit of a risky game! But food was lovely, staff were friendly would recommend for people in the area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“mystrey meat and a poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I don't understand the reviews that praise this sorry establishment all I can gather is the fact we have experienced this place at very different times and days and our paths have never crossed. I too have been regular only for take out, it being the only take out in my area, never again. I have never seen anybody sat in the restaurant nor have I ever seen anybody else but the silver haired,very scary looking unfriendly woman that has always taken my order and my last take out was last night . I rang at 7pm, I live 5mins away I rang to order and I was already near the restaurant, when I entered, it was there, bagged up and ready, it must of been a matter of a few minutes! Ewwww.......I asked if she was sure sure it was my order as it was so quick, she didn't even look up and just said, "ye, you wan it eh"? The Two cans of Sprite I ordered were substituted for a bottle of Asda (smart price for god sake) pop! The food order its self was Special chow mein which, upon inspection looked like the internal epigastria mammary anastomosis of the human body with hints of mystery meats, Ewwww. The beef curry was luke warm and looked equally distastefull as were the re-heated noodles. How do you "freshly" cook this in a matter of a few minutes, impossible! The take out cost me just over £16!! for god sake, I was so annoyed and she was so scary looking I just took the food, paid the sorry fee and ran out of there....never to return. I managed a few spoon fulls but couldn't force myself the torture of eating the entire contents, it was disgusting and I was disgracefully over charged, the take out menu charges were different, this cruel woman just charged what she liked, gave me reheated garbage and cheap pop. This was my experience. It hasn't been that bad in the past but I sure wont be returning. Whoever says this is good cuisine then you have a funny idea and taste buds to know what proper Chinese food actually tastes like. This restaurant is a very bad take away in my experience, maybe they make more of an effort if you eat in the restaurant, I wouldn't dare try.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chorley, United Kingdom
“outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

we went in june 2012 for our sons 18th meal, we took a gang of x26 of us, initially worried that our amount of guests in our party may affect service along with other restaurant users, we needed not of worried. as usual food was outstanding, more than enough. we opted for a banquet meal all round ,and can say we couldnt praise Kat and the team enough. service excellent , food first class. 5 * every one of our guests commented how good the food and service was....
hoping to return soon.
if you havnt been then why not?...

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Preston, United Kingdom
“Just very good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We've been visiting the top wok for the last five years and the quality of the food and service has been consistently good throughout. If you live in the Leyland/bamber bridge area then this restaurant is without doubt worth a visit. The price is very good and I would recommend one of the delicious banquets such as the ruby banquet. You won't be hungry if you plump for this selection. Soup, hors d'oeurves, crispy duck and main meal with ice cream. The spring rolls are fantastic. Really tasty. Also, the sizzling beef fillet is tremendous. The beef is succulent and tasty. A real must try dish. The staff are friendly and attentive and they do a good job even at busy times.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere