“Lovely stay” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Preston
“Lovely stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Great breakfast ten out of ten. I really enjoyed that in the morning I left. lovely clean rooms, lovely staff. Would recommend again. Only concern was its slighty out of the centre had to hop onto taxis to get about. Otherwise great place.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HIPrestonRGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear deekane1986,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at our hotel, Holiday Inn Preston.

We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your feedback are aim is to delight all our guests staying with us and ensuring we deliver what the expectations are to a high standard.

We hope to welcome you again at the Holiday Inn Preston.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
North West
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Not enough parking by a long chalk, so you have to park in the pay and display car park above the bus station. This is a very unnerving experience. There seems no safe way to get back to the hotel that does not involve walking on a busy road in a very undesirable part of town. Walking into the hotel via the car park you can go straight into the lift and access all areas of the hotel, where are the security measures?
the rooms were small, but on a positive note, any staff I encountered were cheerful and welcoming.
Would I stay here again, not on your Nellie!!!

Room Tip: If you want to see the sun rising over the hideous Preston Bus Station then ask for an East facing r...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear blueyonder,

I can assure you the hotel is very safe, we have CCTV on entering the hotel and we also have Duty Managers as standard practice in every hotel, doing floor walks, We know which people should be in the hotel, even with the reception being on the first floor.

The local area is very busy with people using the famous Preston bus station which is opposite the hotel.

Thank you for your feedback, we are please we were able to offer you a warm Lancashire welcome and stay at the hotel.

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed here at the start of February for the one night. A friendly welcome was offered on arrival and I was checked in quickly.

The room as others have said was a little on the small side, however I was only there the one night and it wasn't too much of an issue as it was clean and well maintained with no visible housekeeping problems.

Clean bedding and towels were available and the bed itself was very comfortable, I had a good nights sleep with no disturbances which is always impressive for a Saturday evening in a town centre location.

I ordered room service which was delivered promptly and was of good quality. There is a very good choice of dishes on the menu with something to suit all tastes. Breakfast in the morning was very nice. It is a buffet, however the was a very good choice of dishes available which was replenished regularly in small batches.

Checking out in the morning was quick and hassle free whilst I was thanked as I left.

One thing I noticed which is strange with this hotel is that there is only standard rooms available, normally Holiday Inns have a choice of at least two (Standard and Executive etc).

Overall a good stay and I would be happy to return in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Chris M,

We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay, thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to delight our guests.

We hope to welcome you again at the Holiday Inn Preston.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed there during the month of May-June 2013 for 4 days. Rooms are too small. Location is very good just near the Tithebern bus stop. The entrance is a bit confusing. But overall it is good one. Cleanliness is up to a very good degree. Breakfast was nice.

Room Tip: I found my room to be small. But not sure about other rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HIPrestonRGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Sankar-Banerjee,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, following your recent stay at our hotel, Holiday Inn Preston.

We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay, your feedback regarding the size of room has been noted, unfortunately not something that can be changed, due to the structure of our building, however we do appreciate you comments, in particular the cleanliness standards which is what we pride ourselves with.

We hope to welcome you again.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Its a Holiday inn, you know what you're getting when you stay here.

I could be extra picky. Ideally, Id like more in the free tea/coffee tray rather than enough for one cup. The bathroom could've been a bit bigger but as a place to crash, its ideal. £50 was definitely worth the money.

The parking isn't great though. That needs to be looked at.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MrChristopher,

We are pleased that you found your stay value for money, with regards to the tea and coffee facility in the room, extra tea and coffee is provided, if you do run out, contact reception and a team member would be more than happy to deliver extra to you room, just something to note for any future stays with us.

Newcastle upon tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed here on 29th Jan and was adequately happy with my stay. Parking seems to be restricted to only a few right outside the hotel, otherwise it's a trek across the road into the multi-storey. I'm not sure if you have to pay here but you certainly need a permit to park there so arrive early for a spot outside the hotel.

The guy that greeted me advised me to park on the double yellow lines in the car park, when I went to change parking spaces from the multi-storey there was an empty parking space, so thanks to the receptionist for the tip.

Room was pleasant enough and done the job. Breakfast was good along with some happy helpful staff which always makes a massive difference.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Godcrasher,

We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay and pleased that our staff were helpful for you, Your staff comments have been shared with the team.

we hope to welcome you again.

Stockport, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stay in 3 to 4 hotels every week and only normally write a report for the right reasons, all good. However tonight staying in the Holiday Inn in Preston I feel it's only right to comment on the poor service at the bar, I waited 10 mins before trying the internal phone that simply rang and rang, so I walked to the office and knocked on the door.

The response was not what I expected, all I said was is anyone able to serve me at the bar, bare in mind it was just after 11.00

The door was shut in my face with a
"I'll find someone" so I returned to the bar to wait for another 5 mins
Then a very nice young man came and served me and the other guests waiting for a drink. To be fair he and his team lead Kirsty were very attentive.
Having stayed in this hotel before and other ihg hotels it's a shame that one person could ruin the reputation Of the whole group
I hope ihg invest some time and money on customer relationship training because they need it
Disgruntled

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Andrew James R,

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay at our hotel, Holiday Inn Preston.

We are disappointed that you encountered a problem, with regards to a team member and the bar service.

Thank you for your comments with regards to Kirsty and her team, this has been noted and shared with her and the team.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the other team member who you encountered the problem, so that we cab resolve, or action accordingly.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Preston? Share your experiences!