“3rd time and going down” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Leyland
“3rd time and going down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

3rd visit here and it seems to be going down. The previous times we have been here, there have never been any complaints - food and service all very good. This evening, there were 3 other tables of 4 people in so relatively quiet. We were served a (free) plate of prawn crackers which were hard giving the appearance of being cooked a previous day and had to wait quite a while for the main course. Main course appeared nicely presented and tasty but barely warm. Clearing the dishes at the end and a waiter dropped a fork and rice onto me - finding it quite funny. We were served fortune cookies at the end and had to ask for the dessert menu. Coffee and ice cream were served, eaten and a few of our party started to drift away and I asked for the bill... and then my dessert turned up which was promptly turned away and I got the excuse that they were very busy that evening with people queuing (do they think we sat in front of the main door with our eyes shut). Shame as we enjoyed the first 2 times here - but now will go somewhere else.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Classy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Really gorgeous food, and the service was impeccable. This was a long time ago, however. The atmosphere is really nice and calm, and people very friendly. It can be expensive so the deals/set menus they offer are worth a try.

Lancashire UK
“Just average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Food was just OK. Not much else to say really, it was really just average

Visited April 2012
“That bad didn't bother staying to eat!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I have just been to Wonderland for my mothers day treat and was absolutely disgusted!!! We were shown to our table, which was in the window, we asked if we could move to a different table as we had our 4 year old with us and was RUDELY refused. I cannot comment on the food as after waiting half an hour we was still not allowed to help ourselves as most dishes weren't even out! The staff were very dis-interested and made you feel like they didn't want you there so we obliged and left. The food looked like it had been sat a while so glad I haven't eaten any of it!!! Don't waste your money here.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Preston, United Kingdom
“Worst Resturant Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Worst Restaurant Experience ever.

Well to be honest this review seems very hard to start given the massive enormity of my bad experience. However Ill try to perceiver and explain the situation and hopefully prevent you from wasting your hard earned pennies on poor food and extremely bad service.

Initially me and my girlfriend decided we wanted Chinese, so in my head I thought bingo, wonderland just round the corner, easy to walk back from when stuffed, easy option Im there.
So we enter the restaurant thinking okay its Chinese, nobody can mess this up, well I was proved wrong by the following debacle:

We Happily entered the restaurant, noticed it was empty so picked a bee line for a window seat because I like a bit of a nosy, two minutes in we pick all you can eat and two cokes. Everything seems to be going okay at this moment just a weird niggling feeling that the entire restaurant workers plus 10 family members where staring at us. Anyway the waiter comes over after ordering the drinks and insists that we move seats, which I flatly refuse, on basis that the restaurant was completely empty, bar 20 of his workers/family. On a slight positive note the restaurant did comply with this.

After 10 minutes we told start eating the buffet and to are disappointment the restaurant had failed to cook most dishes, practically only providing the starter dishes; spring rolls etc. Whilst in complete dismay of the selection, I was ordered that I must pay now. Okay thought this seemed to portray an element of distrust, but went with it, took 10 minutes to pay and in the mean time my food went cold. Subsequently due to the food being cold I left a tiny portion of meat on one spare rib. Thought nothing of this but 2 minutes later the staff came out shouting that I had left waste, and asking for money. Flatly refused and explained the situation, which they did not agree with.

Anyway went up to the meagre selection and noticed that all the family were once again staring at me and my girlfriend, we could no longer handle the restaurant even though we had paid upon leaving Mentioned all the bad elements to the manager but all he could muster was shouting and talking Chinese to all his staff, completely and utterly disgraceful.

Please do not go hear on these bases: No music, family members including children loiter around restaurant and stare, selection of food is very poor, food quality is very poor, customer service is the worst I’ve ever seen and the whole experience is over priced.

Please don’t waste your money, if you fancy Chinese go to the Beijing, golden phoenix or the all you can eat buffets at Preston.

• Visited September 2011